Anyone going to play Everquest 2?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aaron Cooke, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Aaron Cooke

Aaron Cooke Second Unit

OK so I guess this is being released on Nov. 8th. I know HTF had a semi-large contingent of people playing SWG at one time, but I already had my character built and developed before I found out what server people were playing on. I was just wondering if many people here were playing on playing EQ2 and what server people will be playing on (although i'm not even sure if the server list has been released yet)

2. Neil J

Neil J Stunt Coordinator

I'll try it out, I played the first one for a long time.

3. JamesED

JamesED Second Unit

I plan on playing World of Warcraft. I did play EQ1, but SoE milked time sinks too much and I took a major hit when it came to grades.

I'm hoping for content accessable by small parties and not guilds.

4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    My guild will have a sizeable presence, we hope. We're going to have twin Evil/good guilds on same server.

www.eq2vc.com

Sam

PS: No way in hell is it ready to ship.

5. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    I'll be there. Don't know what server/character name yet.

Mike

6. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

I pre oredered this game as well. Will be my first Everquest game to play, I've played all the Neverwinter Nights through though and was looking for something a bit different.

Any advice?

Oh and what are Journeyman boots? What do they do for you?

7. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Jboots makes you sprint faster or longer. Wont know till release which.

Number one advice I can give you: Find people who game the same way you do, and enjoy the ride.

Amazing resource:
    http://clanwhitestorm.com/eq2info/index.htm

Antonica map:
    http://youngkingdoms.free.fr/tmp/EQ2-Antonica.jpg

Isle of refuge spoilers:
    HEAVY SPOILERS, close if you don't want too know snot, if you want too blow through Isle though, here ya go...

When you are first dropped off you are on what we will call Beach 1. Your first quest will be given off the first NPC you see. This quest will entail killing 1 goblin not too far off, from here depending on your class this one NPC will start the Main Quest line on the Isle.

Now you will have about 3 or 4 tasks on the Main Quest line which will mostly involve the Goblins that are located along the western stretch of the island, for example I will use scout... First kill 1 goblin just outside newb land, then Scout the Main goblin base located too the far North West, basically you just use sneak to get into the base and walk around til the quest updates. Last will be too kill wolves from the same Goblin Camp that you scouted.

Ok after that it is the same for every class. You will get a quest that says you have too kill a named orc in a cave or some such. It is a instanced zone too the North East corner just east of what we will call the Chieftains Tree. You can see the tree clearly on the map pressing the "m" key by default. It is a one room instance with 2 sets of grouped mobs, 1st is 4 Levelish 4 mobs, 2nd is a 3 goblins, the named, 1 healer, 1 fighter. Kill the HEALER FIRST, he will heal the named and make the fight tougher, then the named then the last fighter. You can do this will 4 or 5 level 4ish+ people. The best way if you dont have any pals is too just sit outside the cave and get in one of the groups forming, this will be no problem on release since there will be 10000000 groups forming. If you have a problem finding one you can use the mariners bell on Beach 1 too change Isle instances.

Ok past the main quest line you have various side quests. Some are easy a couple are really hard. I will start with the easy ones you DEFINTELY WANT TO DO.

First is a collection quest. On the beaches you will find little random spawned shiny things that a question mark pops when you mouse point over it. Double click these, then Examine the item too put it in your collection. They are like I said random and you need too collect 5 different shells. They spawn on the newb beach(Beach 1) on the Eastern beach just a little ways away from Beach 1. And then just north of the Eastern Beach on a very small beach with some tough Goblins(its the beach with a stairway leading too the Goblin tree house/Cave instance etc. Just run around and collect the shells on the beach. When you get extras /ooc too trade for the ones you do need. When you are down too like 1 shell left its best too use the mariners bell and just jump from instance too instance and /ooc too find that last shell. When the shell collection is complete talk to A woman NPC on the eastern beach looking out into the ocean. She will give you a nice necklace as a reward.

Ok next is a gnome on the eastern beach that gives you a collection quest. The quest text gives you little tips but they are very vague and its just easier too know where too go, I will give you as best directions as I can, you have too go too each piece in order.

1st piece, At the Gnome that gives the quest go directly East and just slightly south into the water, swim out too almost the two islands and look underwater, search around the area next too the island and you will see the mechanical item you need to get.

2nd piece is just under one of the bridges that is close too the Goblin tree house. Use you map look for a set of bridges, its like 2 of them, the piece is under one of em. Its easy just may have too run from the harder gobbies.

3rd piece is Right next too the Goblin Tree House, just too the eastern side of it. Just go around the Tree House til you see a cog.

Thats it, return too the gnome and get your reward which I believe is a +power + health wrist item.

Me personally this is where I leave the island, by now I am level 6/maxed too 7(you cant ding too 7 til you gain citizenship in queynos/freeport). But some of the psychos out there may want too try these harder quests.

Oh before I go onto the tougher quests apparently there is a merchant somewhere out there too the western side of the Isle that will give a quest too kill some of the Skellie pirates that are located on the North Eastern part of the isle near the grave yard. Its too collect Bone CHips off the skellies and I have never done the quest so not sure of the reward, but these Skellies are kinda easy which leads me too tough quest #1....

Kill the Pirate Skellies and apparently eventually a treasure chest will drop with a Map, after that you go too the water fall, you use this trigger close too the waterfall its some targettable item close too there, and you will trigger a named mob that you can pwn and get some loot off of. I have never done this quest cause getting this Treasure map too drop is a pain in the arse. My last time on the isle I killed about 25 of the Skellies before I gave up.

Tough quest #2....
    On the merchant close too newb Beach you will find a book being sold by him for like 36 copper or something. Buy this book and examine it. Read through the lore and you will gain a quest too collect like 8 goblin parts. These parts are all rare as hell drops off the tougher gobbies too the North East, other gobbies may drop em too but I have always just killed the harder gobbies. They are rare as heck, you will have a hard time soloing the gobbies cause you will max out at level 6 and you can get repeats on the items. Me and Ches while trying this quest has killed over 150 Gobbies and only recieved 2 or 3 items a piece. So we gave up and left the Isle for Queynos.

8. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Is it possible to make it very far in this game playing by yourself? I usually like playing these games by myself, with the occasional co-op on some missions. I didn't like Asheron's Call allegiance system that you HAD to use in order to get anywhere.

9. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

so my character seems to be stuck at level 6. on the experience bar, it is full and says 145%.

I am in Quenos (sp?) and doing the citizenship quest.

Why haven't I leveled up.

10. Oliver Kopp

Oliver Kopp Stunt Coordinator

Oliver
    You can only get 7+ after completing the citizenship quest.

11. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten