Anyone Go/Ever Been to Wax Musuems? (Replica's of Movie/TV Celebrities)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike-M, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Mike-M

Mike-M Stunt Coordinator

Just for the record, I'm talking about museums that replicate how "movie stars" look. Here's a picture of Keanu Reeves represented in Wax and it really looks like him, in my opinion:

[​IMG]

So...I have been to Madame Tussad's in NY and London and enjoyed it. I'm going to California soon and am thinking about going to another wax museum. I found two: One called Hollywood Wax museum and another called Movieland Wax Museum. If anyone has any personal information you could give on these then that would be great (like "who" you saw in wax, if it looked like their real life counter-part, if you enjoyed yourself).

Thanks in advance.

2. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

I have been to the Madame Tussad's in Las Vegas and quite a few of the artists looked so real like Billy Idol, Harrison Ford, & Seigfried & Roy. I also thought there were a lot that didnt look very real in the vegas Madame Tussad's such as Sean Connery & Silvester Stallone. Overall I really enjoyed the models and have seen the discovery special on how the wax models are created, truly amazing.

KyleS

3. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

Whatever you do, do NOT go to Movieland Wax Museum in Niagara Falls (Canadian side), they are the suckiest bunch of sucky bunch that ever sucked.

ps: Mme. Tussaud's along the same street also sucked big time.

For some reason, nobody gives a care on how the newer figures look like. The older figures look great (at Mme Tussaud's), but the newer ones such as figures of Mulder and Scully, they actually look NOTHING like them.

I've been to the Mme Tussaud's in Tivoli, and they all look real (except for Michael Jackson, the figure looked too human whereas the real Jacko... well you know)

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

5. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I've heard good things about the Movieland Wax Museum in Buena Park. There's also a Ripley's Believe It or Not next door or something.

~T