Anyone get Win 10 1903 yet?

Dennis Nicholls

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I maybe have stumbled onto a reason it takes so long for the 1903 update.

I have a second internal HD and have scheduled a Win 7 image backup to that drive every Monday morning. I went and checked, and found out that an additional backup was performed during the time that I was installing the 1903 update. This must have been done automatically during the update process, as I didn't do this myself.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I just allowed it with our WSUS server... At least two systems have pulled it with no issues. Looks like another of those "change for change's sake" type things.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
My win enterprise updated last night. Interesting that my gaming machine, which runs a bare bones Windows installation, wen to a light shade in the task bar (it was dark), while my Enterprise stayed dark. I thought I read or heard that the new release would have a light/dark theme option but I could not find it when looking for it. Not really important but curious.

Harry-N

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
My win enterprise updated last night. Interesting that my gaming machine, which runs a bare bones Windows installation, wen to a light shade in the task bar (it was dark), while my Enterprise stayed dark. I thought I read or heard that the new release would have a light/dark theme option but I could not find it when looking for it. Not really important but curious.
To set or change the light/dark options, right-click the desktop and select [Personalize].

Pick [Colors] on the left.

The first option is "Choose your color" and your choices are [Light], [Dark], or [Custom]. Custom allows you to set your default Windows mode and your default App mode to either light or dark.

You can also go farther in this screen to set complimentary colors, transparency mode, etc.

Dennis Nicholls

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Yet another 2019-10 update tonight. I keep waiting for the second version for 2019 to arrive.

Tonight's update is KB4522355, but the version remains 1903 of Win 10.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siananstro