Anyone get the R2 hulk 3 disc boxset?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TheBat, Nov 17, 2003.

1. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    I ordered it from amazon.uk and I have to wait a bit to get the boxset. if you got the boxset? what do you think of it?

JACOB

2. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    It's a nice edition, though not exactly essential.

You've probably seen pictures of the box itself. It's a bit ugly, slightly kiddy-ish and not what you'd call shelf-friendly ; but it's sturdy, that's for sure.

Inside, you'll find the regular two-disc version as you'd find it in the shops.

A third disc is on a separate hub on the box "divider". That's a 43 minute promo doc. PQ is average. Haven't watched it all yet to give a full comparison with the extra footage on the main disc but I'm not expecting many surprises. A slightly extended version of the kind of promo that turns up on TV to support a film's release.

There's a reduced-sizes, glossy, colour reprint of THE INCREDIBLE HULK issue 1. Quite a nice supplement to the movie but not a quality reproduction.

Next is a set of ten nicely reproduced storyboard illustrations, all in colour, on high-quality matt card ;
    all held in a kind-of greaseproof-paper envelope.
    Classy.

Best of all is a small but very nicely produced booklet that contains the same illustrations shown in the main disc's HULKIFICATION feature (where four artists interpret one transformation scene in different styles). This is very good quality and the colour reproduction is great.

Lastly, there's a standard 8-page booklet ; the kind you used to get in DVDs as a matter of course.

All in all a nice package if you can get it at the right price. I got it from Amazon too and I'm quite happy with it.
    Certainly a collector's item in the making.

3. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    thank you very much for the response. I am still waiting for my set..should be here very soon...

JACOB