What's new

Anyone get the DirecTV 4K package for a Sony 4K ready set? (1 Viewer)

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
I recently purchased the Sony XBR75X940D and I'm loving the great picture quality and performance. As a DirecTV user and now having a Sony DirecTV Ready Set I decided to go for it and have DirecTV come and install the new 4K service. After the setup I have found the whole control setup totally user unfriendly. The technician told me to access 4K viewing through the DirecTV Ready App on my set but when I do that I can watch the 2 or 3 available 4K channels available and I can cycle through my DirecTV channels using the Sony remote but I can't figure out how to use the app for 4K programs on demand or PPV 4K movies. Also Using the app and the Sony remote there is no way to record 4K shows for later viewing as it doesn't connect with my Genie. If I select a 4K show for later viewing while using my DirecTV remote the show is added to my recording list but won't play in 4K from the Genie. If I use the Sony DirecTV App I can't control the Genie so I'm at a loss to get this system to work. Trying to Google instructions on this has been useless as has been contacting customer support at DirecTV and Sony as the tech is so new no one seems to know how it works or what I'm even talking about. Guess this service isn't quite ready for prime time but I'm paying big for it and would like to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Wow, I don't have anything useful to tell you, but thanks for sharing your unfortunate experience. Sounds like a cautionary tale. I was strongly considering adding this to my Directv, now not so much.

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
I just got the mini genie for the 4K channels, including pay per view, and it works great. Presumably you could do this and avoid the app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks