Anyone get Resident Evil Superbit yet? How does it look?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris larralde, Dec 19, 2002.

1. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

Mine is shipping from DeepDiscountDVD (snail pace) so it won't be here for another week.

Any reports on the picture quality and sound compared to the previous release?

Guilty pleasure for sure ... just like Anaconda!

2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

I thought it offered a decent improvement over the SE release. The picture seemed tighter, and the DTS track was a little smoother than the DD one. Definitely worth it if you don't care about extras...

3. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

What happened to the rumored 2-disc re-release that was supposedly going to have a longer cut of the film on it? Didn't the director himself say a few months back that it would be released around the end of the year? This Superbit version doesn't look like what he was talking about.

4. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

I'm still holding out hoping that such a release will be available in Europe.
    Germany has a 2 disc set up for order on Amazon.de, but details of supplements are missing. Amazon.fr has a 2 disc set but looking at the supplements they seem to match the R1 special edition (BTW: The release is a 2 disc set because Widescreen and P&S transfers are included).
    Like the unknown German disc, the UK release is due in March and in the past Pathe have been good at including additional supplements on their R2 discs. Being as Paul Anderson has repeatedly said the extra commentary track was recorded and the additional supplements, like the original ending were edited and prepared I hope Pathe can include them.

5. chris larralde

chris larralde Stunt Coordinator

Cool! I'm watching on a 8' front projection system, so the improvements that the Superbit disks offer are definitely noticeable.

6. Shawn DuHast

Shawn DuHast Stunt Coordinator

The R4 Australian single disc released by BV on 4 April 2003 is the same as R1 except it will have DTS as well........

7. Jason Hennigan

Jason Hennigan Stunt Coordinator

Jason Hennigan
    I thought that the picture quality was wonderful, and I really enjoyed the DTS surround sound.

Being that there's talk about a 2 disk SE coming out, I got rid of the Original Resident Evil release, and bought the Superbit, and I do not regret it at all.