What's new

Anyone get Resident Evil Superbit yet? How does it look? (1 Viewer)

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
Mine is shipping from DeepDiscountDVD (snail pace) so it won't be here for another week.

Any reports on the picture quality and sound compared to the previous release?

Guilty pleasure for sure ... just like Anaconda!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I thought it offered a decent improvement over the SE release. The picture seemed tighter, and the DTS track was a little smoother than the DD one. Definitely worth it if you don't care about extras...

Haden

Supporting Actor
What happened to the rumored 2-disc re-release that was supposedly going to have a longer cut of the film on it? Didn't the director himself say a few months back that it would be released around the end of the year? This Superbit version doesn't look like what he was talking about.

James Reader

Screenwriter
I'm still holding out hoping that such a release will be available in Europe.
Germany has a 2 disc set up for order on Amazon.de, but details of supplements are missing. Amazon.fr has a 2 disc set but looking at the supplements they seem to match the R1 special edition (BTW: The release is a 2 disc set because Widescreen and P&S transfers are included).
Like the unknown German disc, the UK release is due in March and in the past Pathe have been good at including additional supplements on their R2 discs. Being as Paul Anderson has repeatedly said the extra commentary track was recorded and the additional supplements, like the original ending were edited and prepared I hope Pathe can include them.

chris larralde

Stunt Coordinator
Cool! I'm watching on a 8' front projection system, so the improvements that the Superbit disks offer are definitely noticeable.

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
The R4 Australian single disc released by BV on 4 April 2003 is the same as R1 except it will have DTS as well........

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
I thought that the picture quality was wonderful, and I really enjoyed the DTS surround sound.

Being that there's talk about a 2 disk SE coming out, I got rid of the Original Resident Evil release, and bought the Superbit, and I do not regret it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks