What's new

Anyone get Barbarians At The Gate? (1 Viewer)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Looking for some feedback on this title. Preferably sound/picture quality, etc.
Thanks.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I picked it up
great film - looks ok for a nearly 10 year old made for TV film. Interesting to see it in widescreen - since it was made for TV, framing is a bit tight in a few shots, but otherwise is fine.
Movie is a classic, so definatly get it on that score alone!
(plus its cheap!)

MikeM

Screenwriter
Moe, it's really in Widescreen? Wow, just about all the info I saw on this showed that it was "full frame". Thanks.
Do you know if it has an anamorphic transfer? Doubt it, but that would be awesome.
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Jeff R.

Stunt Coordinator
I just watched it last night. I was quite surprised to see it in widescreen also. I was expecting full screen because that's what I thought I read in the specs. The back does say 16:9 aspect ratio but my TV isn't anamorphic so I can't comment on the anamorphic quality. I thought the video quality was a bit grainy though. I think it's a great film also.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
It is anamorphic
honestly since this was a TV movie, a 4:3 transfer might have been better
but its fine... interesting to think before this the only time this would have been seen in 1.85:1 was during a screening or two in 1993. otherwise its aways been full frame.
One thing I would kill for is a soundtrack score album - i love this score - will have to just make some dubs onto minidisc from the dvd =)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks