What's new

Anyone Get a TWC HD Converter Recently? (1 Viewer)

Bob S

Grip
I finally bit the bullet and bought a Sony 32HV600 so now I'm ready to start enjoying some HDTV.
I currently have Digital Cable through TWC so I've scheduled to have my dig cable box swapped for an HDTV cable box. (For some reason, they won't allow me to do the swap at one of their local depots -- a "technician" has to come to my house to do it.:rolleyes:)
Not surprisingly, the person I spoke to at TWC had no clue what model box I'll get. I guess I'll find out when the technician shows up next week but was wondering if anyone has gotten one recently from TWC and if so, what model they are now giving out (the SA 3100HD?).
The person at TWC also claimed they would supply the cables from the box to the TV, but I'm guessing that if this is the case, they will be some cheap variety of composite or s-video and that I would be better off buying a set of decent component cables?
Thanks,
Bob

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
Here in NYC, they originally started out with the SA 2000HD, but all of the recent roll-outs within the past couple of months have been the SA 3100HD. I got mine a couple of months ago, and it is connected to my Sony 43HT20. The HD picture varies by channel and programming, but it is very cool and looks great on the Sony HDTV's. You should definitely use better cables than the cheap cables that TWC provides. Go with acoustic research pro series for good affordable cables.

Bob S

Grip
Jeffrey, thanks for the response. The 3100HD has a digital coax audio output but lacks an optical audio output, right?

This is a bit of a bummer for me because my receiver only has a digital coax input associated with the DVD player (it has about five optical inputs). So I'll end up with an unintuitive setup where selecting DVD on my receiver will provide my cable audio while selecting TV will provide DVD audio. Oh well...

Thomas_P

Agent
My TWC box is a SA3100HD, but i just picked mine up at the shop. they gave me some cheap cables, but i use them because they look fine. Depends on the electrical situation and the length of the run.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks