What's new

Anyone get a Network Adapter yet? (1 Viewer)

I was just wondering. I stopped by an EBgames at lunch and was told it does not come out until tomorrow. I was told it would be out today by a local gamestore owner. That was Saturday, though, and he could've been mistaken.
I checked the Official Playstation Mag. Board, but it is useless. Just wondering if anyone knew the scoop. The EBgames guys suggested I pre-order and while I know it goes against the sentiment of most on this forum, I hate pre-ordering anything.

BorisM

Stunt Coordinator
EB told me it is out tomorrow, but the FYE is going to sell it later today. Just look around, and you will probably find it today.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I hope you guys have luck finding one. If you want to hear what other people have been saying/commenting on the network adapter check out this thread.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Got mine from Fedex this morning (ebgames.com). Haven't been home yet to connect, but will let you all know how it goes.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Have mine, along with Socom. At work currently so I can't connect it yet but I will be on Socom later this evening.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
My friend got his, hooked it up, got me to come over to help him with it, got it to work, and played SOCOM online. Then, his little baby cousin broke his PS2 a few hours later so it won't read the disc.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Not yet. I'm still not sold on the Sony PS2 online plans. SOCOM sounds interesting, but not enough to make go for it yet. I currently building a new PC (when I'm done I shall be buying new games) and should get Mario Sunshine in the mail tomorrow, so I have plenty to keep me busy for now.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
West Omaha Best Buy report: They had about 10 of them when they opened this morning... I don't expect they'll last terribly long...
Now, I need to go dive into my Cat5 cable nest and find one long enough to go from the PS2 to the router... Wish me luck! :)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Got online last night. Setup and installation was a breeze. I don't have any online games other than the demos it came with, though. I tried the demos, but I suck at Frequency and don't know much about football.

Who here has played Socom? Is it all that?

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I have Socom, but I didn't have a lot of time to play it last night. The servers were up/down/up/down/slow/fine/up/down. Just like an Everquest expansion launch day :).
It looks like it COULD be a lot of fun.
Mike

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Well, I didn't preorder, hoping I'd be one of the lucky few Live beta testers.
Got Mario Sunshime instead, figuring that would be the more "family" game.
But, its raining hard here,so my day plans got canceled.
My other half (who feeds my addiction to DVD & gaming) gave her blessing to go & get one.
Called the local EB's & Funco's - sold out
Tried TRU's - none
My local KB says they aren't gonna even carry them.
Called the last resort - CC (hey,its only 3 miles away) - & they (as usual) haven't got a clue. I hate CC...
Finally called my 2 area BB - one sold out, the other has one left, & won't hold it.
So I put to good use my professional driving skills & drive the 20 miles to the store.
I've said it before, & I'll say it again - I love BB :)
I won't be able to test it till later, but I got it!
:D
I am so loved.
Calvin

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I played SOCOM last night at a friend's house. I can honestly tell you that the only experience was amazing. We also were playing around noon since he got the NA and SOCOM early yesterday morning, so the servers were running fine. We tried to play Frequency (the demo only) online but we couldn't connect to those servers. Oh well.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Morgan: I was just playing Frequency online. It's pretty fun - you host a game, people show up, you chat, and then start the song. I recommend connecting a USB keyboard to your PS2 as the Frequency people like to chat.

Leo

Second Unit
Apparently if you have the full release of Frequency you can swap out the demo Frequency and play your full version. DOn't have this to test as I only have the Linux kit network adapter (which is broadband only - don't mind not have 56K). Also I do have SOCOM and it's cool. Lots of controls to get use to, but with practice that should would out fine. Enjoy the online experience. Soon more games will come.

Leo

Corey Hancock

Stunt Coordinator
Just a quick update for people in the Dallas, TX area. I was just up at Fry's on 635 and they have 9 more adapters left. I picked mine up, but alas, I don't get off from work till 7am. :frowning:
Corey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks