What's new

Anyone get a "National Survey of College Grads" survey? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

I recieved a survey from the US Census bureau recently which I'm trying to see if it's legit. It looks legit and the US Census Bureau sent me one a few months back, it is called 2003 National Survey of College Graduates I hesitated to send it back, they sent me another. They really want people to answer it seems.

I'm curious if anoyone else recieved one. My concerns for privacy and confidentiality keep me from sending it back! The info I answered was pretty beniegn and not too out of whack for what they want to know.

Thanks, Nelson

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Nelson,

I asked a friend of mine who works for US Census and he said it's a study US Census conducts on behalf of the National Science Foundation (another gov't agency), and is indeed legit. Hope this helps!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I probably won't get one because the only blank I filled in on my 2000 census form was the number of people living in my home. I need my government to know how many people live in my area so that they my representation in the House is properly apportioned and that's all. All of the other information that they wanted might be very useful for statisticians and researchers, but it all represents things that the government is Constitutionally constrained not to care about. My gender, race, education level, employment status and salary, and all of the other data that they wanted me to volunteer were all items that I felt inappropriate for a federal census form.

Fortunately for them I'm not a statistic anomaly in any particular category, so they can easily extrapolate my existence from all of the information that everyone else provides.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks