Anyone from the upstate area of South Carolina?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tony G, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Tony G

Tony G Stunt Coordinator

Well, it looks like I'll be relocating. Someone here once replied to one of my posts with something like "Kingsport's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there."

I'm looking at taking a position in Anderson, SC, which has become a part of the Greenville-Spartanburg growth area. I've made two trips down for interviews, and like it a lot, based on those times alone.

Any feedback? I didn't get a chance to check out HT places, but I'm guessing that most will be in Greenville.

This is a tough decision. We've been in Kingsport for almost seven years now, but the economy is going south quickly (hint: don't buy Eastman Chemical stock!), and there are some things that are going on with my practice that I won't get into.

Tony

2. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Tony,
    I went to college in Anderson for awhile. It is sort of a nice area but there are much better areas of South Carolina. If you want to do anything in Anderson you'll be driving to Greenville because there isn't much to do close by. Greenville is only about 30minutes away but driving to and from can get old fast. I'm not sure if you have kids (or plan on having them) but the schools in Anderson are also not the best the state has to offer. Considering education, the economy, and general location, and assuming you want to stay away from the coast, I would suggest the Fort Mill/Rock Hill area, Columbia/Lexington, or Greenville/Spartanburg. Each has great schools, good economic growth, and you won't bore yourself to tears either. [​IMG] Well, Anderson really isn't that bad, but in my experience I would choose someplace else first.
    Overall, South Carolina is a great place to live. I think it gets ragged on a bit more than it should. I hope my input helped.
    Dan Hine

3. Tony G

Tony G Stunt Coordinator

Dan,

Thanks for the input, but the job offer is in Anderson.

The school thing is a concern. We are home schooling right now, but may use public schools in the future. That would be one of the few steps down from Kingsport, which has some of the best schools in Tennessee.

Tony