Anyone for some Halo online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Bennett, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Hey guys,
    I'm home for Spring Break and have access to a PC so I can finally play some Halo online using XBox connect. The problem seems to be finding games that don't have tons of lag. At school, I have an upload speed of about 2.5mb per second which is amazing for even laggy games but I don't have a PC at school(only my trust G4 Macintosh).I can host 12 people on Ghost Recon on LIVE with no lag at all at school. However, at home I've got the standard 128k up. Anyone out there have fast upload speed and want to do some Halo online? Altenatively, anyone in the CT, Mass, or New York area feel like giving it a go? I was able to find a server in Mass where my ping was 38ms but it was full [​IMG] I know a few of you folks are in the area so if you're interested please let me know. I'm really tempted to buy a copy of Virtual PC so I can host some Halo online with my fat bandwidth at school before I graduate [​IMG]

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I checked the price of Virtual PC at my campus bookstore and it was substantially cheaper than retail so I'm gonna go ahead and pick it up. Between XBox connect, Kazaa, other random PC apps, and the next big thing for pcs in the future, I figure it'll be a good thing to have.when I get back to school I'll be able to host some Halo online with my insane connection so hopefully it'll be lag free.

3. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Hell yea. That's all I gotta say

4. AndyVX

AndyVX Supporting Actor

I guess I'm missing something here, but how would you go about playing Halo online?

Thanks. [​IMG]

5. Scott "E"

Scott "E" Second Unit