What's new

Anyone familiar with the ADCOM GTP 740? (1 Viewer)

CollinMorphew

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anyone owns/has owned one of these and what their thoughts were.

I saw old reviews that seemed a little negative from a consumer standpoint as far as QC--performance/sound were totally different though.

Any insights?

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
I own a GTP 740. The first generation was horrible. I had nothing but trouble with it. The volume constantly went up and down. They finally replaced it with a 2nd generation model which performed flawlessly. It really is a nice sounding unit. I wanted to move into SACD and DVD-audio and so went to a receiver. But the receiver has never come close to what the Adcom sounded like. Eventually, when I get more room, I plan on hooking up my tube amp to the adcom in a seperate room to use as a preamp.

I don't know what production numbers were early 1st gen models and when the 2nd gen models kicked in. I only know that I got a replacement 1 year down the road and figure it is likely to have been a 2nd gen model.

Hope this helps

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
I owned one for a couple of months before selling it off on ebay. I thought the sound quality was good, but nothing to write home about. This was switching over from a Yamaha DSP-3090. Though for music the Adcom was definitely better than the Yamaha.

Users who are viewing this thread