Anyone familiar with Status Acoustics?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by MikeNg, Feb 12, 2005.

1. MikeNg

MikeNg Second Unit

I recently got a pair of specially made RBH Sound 661-SE's with drivers from Status Acoustics (making these very similar to the Status Acoustics Mediette). Now, I don't need an article to 'tell' me that it sounds good. I'm simply floored by the detail and imaging it can produce. These speakers are staying here for sure (Mr Klipsch has left the HT). But I find it odd that a speaker company_this_good has so little press.

The thing is, I'm always curious to know how these speakers have performed for others, and how they compared to other gear they've owned.

Has anyone owned any speakers by Status Acoustics? Have you had the opportunity to compare them to other speakers?

Just curious...
    [​IMG]
    Mike

2. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Looks like Status and RBH Sound are the same company. They have the same address.

Audioholics recommend system includes RBH speakers. RBH reviews have benn in several audio/HT magazines over the past few years.

3. MikeNg

MikeNg Second Unit

Yes. RBH and SA are part of the same company. That's why they'll configure some of the RBH cabinets with the SA drivers/crossovers.

Still looking for personal experiences... Anyone?