What's new

Anyone familiar with ProAc 2.5 response speakers? (1 Viewer)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
I am considering making a pair of ProAc 2.5 clones, but I have never heard them or any speaker made by ProAc. I was hoping someone here might be able to share their experience with the real deal as the clones are said to be 95% of the real thing if not better. If you can compare them to one of the more readily available commercial designs that would be great.

Thanks,

Brian

Michael Do

Agent
I think quite a few people from Madisound board have built the Proac clones. So you would get a few response from that board. I myself have the the enclosure for the Proac clones but funds were not available so I had to put off the project till summer. If I remember correctly Madisound has those Scan-Speak tweeter for the Proac clones on sale a couple of weeks ago. Might wanna check that out.

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
Michael,
Yes I have been following the threads on the project on Madisound for months now. One of the main reasons i am considering it now is the fact the the tweet is on sale. :)
I was just hoping for non DIY people to chime in on the actual speakers they bought.

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. I own the 1SCs and have heard the 2.5s on numerous occasions. Great speakers. Very natural, pretty much do everything very well. Two things to keep in mind regarding the clones:

1) Proac modifies the Scanspeak drivers

2) The crossover is kept very secret, so I doubt if the one published for use in the clones is exactly right.

Nonetheless, if they are even 80% of the 2.5s, you have yourself quite a deal for less than $1000 investment.

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
I have been following the threads at Madisound and decided to build a pair. I am going to mount the crossover external of the cabinet so I can more easily tweak.

I just ordered the tweets at 40.00 each and will slowly gather the necessary xover parts. I hear Jeff at sonic craft.com offers high end xover parts will match them as well. Just do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks