What's new

Anyone familiar with NHT L5s or 6.2Ci's? (1 Viewer)

kurtZoom

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a full NHT speaker set up from 1995 consisting of 1.3a mains, VT1-c center, HDP-1 (dipole) rears and a SW2P (10") sub. I am using the 1.3a's in a stereo only mode in my great room and am now planning a HT for the basement. I want to re-use my sub and rears if possible. I am considering building an in-wall "cubby" for the proposed TV (Sony 60 RP LCD).

If I go with all new mains and center should I stick with NHT? I was originally planning new SB-3s or M5s to match the center and everything else...but since I'm now considering everything sort of flush mounted I'm looking at the L5s (wall mounted) or 6.2Ci's (in wall mounted).

I'm also planning the purchase of a Denon 3805 (or 3806 since it will probably be next year when I'm done) to power things. I'll be using it for probably 60% movies and 40% music. The music listening will be while playing pool or just lounging so it won't be critical listening.

This planning phase is fun but nerve recking. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Bill NHT

Auditioning
I went from the older NHT line to the Evolutions. I have M6s for the front, and L5s for the rears. The L5s look very modern and discrete in hanging in the corners considering they are pretty big compared to most satelites. The L5s are brighter sounding than the M6s, but are still very accurate. I don't think you can beat the L5s for the performance and price.

kurtZoom

Stunt Coordinator
thanks bill
what would you think of the L5s for mains? both looks and sound?

Bill NHT

Auditioning
The L5s are great on-wall speakers. With the L5s you would want to hook up a good sub though, because they don't go low enough to play the real low frequencies. I have two sub2s running in stereo with the M6 mains, because the bass of the M6s alone didn't do much for me. If were buying new speakers and an on wall LCD I'd buy 5 L5s, and a couple of the NHT subs for the front corners of the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks