What's new

Anyone familar with this cd player? (1 Viewer)

Damien

Supporting Actor
well i know this may be trolling but since this is the hometheater forum i don't know where else to go with this.

here it is

http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...at=60&scat=247 - has everything for $90 except *bass boost* and remote. I can't live w/out that...looks really awesome too.

BUT circuitcity has these:

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...k_15&oid=68197

They have an "XBS" system, the one BIG feature the cd player itself doesn't have. Is there a switch on the headphones or something?

thank you

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Damien, you are not trolling. Yes, this is Home Theater Forum, but you posted a question on the Audio/Video Sources board. Questions about CD players are allowed. :)

Unfortunately, I am not an expert on portable CD players. That said, Panasonic seems to have a very good reputation for the quality of its portables based on what I have read. I've never owned a Panasonic portable, but I've had good luck with Sony portables. Sony includes remotes with some of its portable CD players, but in general, remotes are not common with portables. I wouldn't worry about the lack of bass boost. In my opinion, it alters the sound and usually sounds muddy.

Damien

Supporting Actor
i picked it up, i like everything besides not being able to FF the mp3's and the lack of mp3 titles. It also isn't shielded, but is water resistant. The pack-in headphones look good from the outside, but sounded like total trash when I put them on, so I threw them in the garbage where they belong. The other extra's it lacks is a remote and jog dial. But these are just convience gripes, this unit has everything you could ask for performance wise. overall i think it is a very good value for the money.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Damien, glad to hear that the Panasonic player works for you. I have a basic Sony (no remote, no MP3, etc.), but it was cheap. It works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks