What's new

Anyone Explicitly Compared Studio's & Goldi's? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Scott,
I've never noticed any bloated bass when I've heard the Goldi's, but the local dealer has used them in a rather large room for the last few years.
Martice,
Speaking of A/V-1+'s, I'll be assembling mine this morning as soon as I get out to the shop. Wait 'til you see the cherry cabinets! ;)
Brian

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Brian,
do you have any plans for stands? I have an idea of making stands with a sort of side gable coming from the floor and curving in around the side of the av1+ cabinet. the gable would be in about 6"-8" from the front baffle but would be the same depth from the floor to the bottom of the speaker. The centre of stands would be a black veneer and the sides a lighter colour than the av1+ to compliment them. Think Revel studio or performance. I think it would give a floorstanding look without the weight of floorstanding speakers. How high do you think the stands should be? the site says 24"-29" but I'm not sure which is better.

Sorry if I intruded on the thread :b

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Shawn,

We've built some 25" stands for my dad's A/V-1+'s. IIRC, they're basically a 6"x6" MDF column with 3/4" radiused edges. The bases are double thickness MDF that are 2" wider and deeper than the cabinets so there's basically 1" overhang to each side. Then the platform at the top is the same width and depth of the speaker. I can email you a picture later if I can find it.

Brian

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Cool:D I got the wood cut today. The hardware store I go did the cuts. They have a heavy duty table saw that I felt would have an easier job cutting then my dewalt saw. Too bad the guy that wrote down the measurements fudged up on one of them and now I have four extra pieces of 6.5"x12.75". Still got lots of MDF left. Only came to about $30 for the 4'x8'of 3/4 MDF sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks