What's new

Anyone excited for Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I would buy I Dream Of Jeannie. Was it ever released on VHS?
The new movie is coming in 2005? Have the cast the film yet?

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
colorized = sale!

i like color...
there is so much colorized shows im still waiting for a release on dvd.
i dont know why yall like bw so much if you can get the colorized ones. they look great to me.

david_slater

Stunt Coordinator
if its b/w its no sale for me.
unless i get them from japan. i have to think about that.
sounds like it would be vary pricey geting them from japan.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
BTW, since this thread began the roles of Endora and Maurice have been cast. Shirley Maclaine will play Endora and Michael Caine will play Maurice.
Shirley??? Ehh... maybe. I thought it should have been Judy Dench.

Any word on Uncle Arthur? They'd never get him to do it, but I'm telling you... Kevin Spacey should play Uncle Arthur.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Jim Carrey was in the running to play Durwood, er, Darrin but the script was taking too long so he signed on to do other roles. It really bummed me out as he had always been my choice for Darrin. So he wouldn't be able to play Uncle Arthur. Before he passed away my choice for that role was John Ritter. Now, I think that Jim J Bullock should do it, or an unknown.

Chris L:, Joan was one of my first choices for Endora until I saw Shirley in some movie and couldn't stop thinking that I was watching Endora. She'll do great.

What I'm excited to see is Nicole as Serena, Samantha's sexy cousin.

Now, if you all don't know the premise of the movie is quite different than any TV to movie remake. This is how it goes: Isabelle (Nicole Kidman) is a witch who decides that she doesn't want to lead a witchy life anymore, all though that saddens her father Nigel (Michael Caine). At the same time, a mortal man Jack Wyatt(Will Ferrell), who happens to be a washed up famous actor, lands the part of Darrin in a Bewitched movie. They want to cast an unknown for Samantha. While this is going on Jack bumps into Isabelle at a book store and sees that she resembles Elizabeth Montgomery. She falls in love with him and he persuades her to come try out for the role, which she wins.

I really don't like the way this sounds but maybe it'll turn out better than I think.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I BOYCOTT the film. And others will too. But, it'll do pretty good at the box office, since no one will know what the plot is...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
It was just announced via Variety that Joan Plowright (Mrs. Wilson from "Dennis the Menace") has been offered the role of Aunt Clara in the movie. I really hope she accepts as I thought when watching "Dennis the Menace" that she reminded me of Aunt Clara.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
Wow that summary tells me I want absolutely NO part of this next Hollywood clunker! I can't wait until it hits the theater though, so I can buy the classic TV show on DVD. My support for Hollywood remakes goes as far as rooting for others to go watch the new junk, so that the old classic can finally be released. That's the only way Hollywood gets any money from me these days. :)

octobercountry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fred
Well now this thread certainly is a blast from the past! Needless to say---the film under discussion in the previous few posts was a huge bomb in every possible way. While most of the casting was quite good, the script was horrible and the picture did no business..... Now I hear they are making a brand new film based on the series; have no idea how that will turn out.... I'd just like to get the original series on blu-ray, but I guess that's never going to happen.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Betwitched was one of a number of 60's series remake films that just went out of their way to simply use whatever name regonition there was. This should have been and oculd have been a really nice update with Jim Carrey and Nicole Kidman in the leads. Will Ferrell was horribly miscast.

The Green Hornet didn't need to be a Seth Rogen comedy. It needed to be an adventure with George Clooney and Jet Li.

I Spy? Good lord, don't get me started.

I am, however, the Jim Carrey/Chris Rock versions of The Six Million Dollar Man never came to fruition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.