What's new

Anyone Ever Record their own Commentary? (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking about this for some reason. That it would be easy to put on a DVD of a film you love and if you have a computer nearby, you could speak into your mic and then you would have an audio file of your own commentary. Has anyone here ever done it?

Edit: I just noticed that I used horrible wording as the title of this thread. Can a Mod change it to "Has Anyone Ever Recorded their own Commentary?"

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
I seem to recall that Roger Ebert wrote a column about this idea a while back for YIL magazine, and it spawned a website called www.dvdtracks.com

Unfortunately, the article has vanished. YIL no longer exists.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I don't see the point, unless you're looking to resell to someone else. With commentaries I'm looking to listen to someone else's insight on the film, not my own.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Once, I experimented with the narration function on Windows Movie Maker by recording a commentary for a short film I made (The Tromboninator, a spoof of the Terminator movies).

It's difficult, though... The first time I tried, I couldn't keep up (especially since it's only 12 min. long). Then, I had a short list of things to cover... that kept me from doing a Mel Brooks by stopping mid-sentence and going onto the next thought.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
Doesn't the Spider-Man DVD have some sort of special feature like that as a DVD-ROM extra feature?

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I see that as a cool idea if you want share you opinions with the world but how many would one person listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks