What's new

Anyone ever lose a disc from Netflix? (1 Viewer)

I'm fairly certain two of my last rentals have ended up in the garbage...

How much does Netflix charge for lost discs? Or does it depend on the movie?

Thanks,
Bill

Mike Slade

Second Unit
You can report it to them as if they were lost in the mail. They will just send new ones. From their website:

Q: What happens if a movie is lost in the mail? Will I be charged for this movie?
A: We're aware that discs may be lost during the shipping process, through no fault of our customers. We will replace the occasional lost disc free of charge. However, if the number of lost discs becomes excessive, we will place the account on hold for review and notify the customer via email

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Good question, I always wondered how much hell there is to pay if you lose an OOP Criterion disc.

The site's help section doesn't say much about the user losing the disc, just if it's lost in the mail. Hopefully they're lenient.

joshLam

Auditioning
I've had a disc lost once before and it was replaced free of charge. Though can't say I am sure what their threshold is as far as starting to charge.

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I've been a Netflix user for over 3 years. I used to live in an apartment complex where I think our regular mailman caught on to the fact that he could pick up some free DVDs if he just grabbed those pretty red mailers.

I'm not accusing the US Postal Service of illegal activities here...this is just my guess! I guess it's possible that the post office's sorting machines weren't dealing well with the NF mailers, but I never had any problem receiving new discs from them!

About every third DVD never got back to Netflix. I reported them as "I returned the DVD but Netflix hasn't received it". In most cases, Netflix will acknowledge the lost disc and send the next one in your queue right away. After about 8 or 9 of these over a period of 6 or 8 weeks, my account was frozen and I had to call. I spoke with customer service and explained that I was sending them back, but they weren't getting them. Customer service said "okay" and opened my account back up.

After we moved, my "lost" disc problem ended. When I check my account, it still says that I have several discs that were never returned, but I've spoken with Netflix customer service and they said that I would not be charged for them.

So, I think you're best bet is to report them as "lost in the mail", unless you want to be 100% honest and possibly be charged for them. I would imagine that these type of expenses are built into their operating costs and are acceptable up to a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks