What's new

Anyone ever heard of Eckman speakers??? (1 Viewer)

scott>c

Second Unit
Hi I picked up a pair of vintage Eckman speakers from a sidewalk sale. These speakers seem to be high end back in the day. The model is 505 made by Eckman design and engineering. Their a 3 way design with freq. resp. of 40-20 and a sensitivity of 93. They r a large bookshelf with a 4-5 inch mid and a 10 inch for bass. They have knobs that control the mids and highs. They sound really good and had a bad case of foam rot. I replaced the foams and patched a slight tear in one of the speakers cones. The last thing to fix is a tweeter. I believe the the thin wire that runs on the diaphragm that connects the + and - is bad. I`m using a old polk tweeter. When I connected the diaghragm of the polk on the Eckman magnet I got sound. Didn`t sound as good as the Eckman diapragm though. Is this fixable???? Any info would help, I`ve tried searches on the web and only found one repairman in Connecticut that heard of them. The only info he gave me was" they are a rare bird indeed." All I know is the gentlman that I got these from was in his 60`s so they must easily be 20+ yrs old. If anyone has any knowledge on these or where I can find parts I would appreciate it. Thanx

DomDom

Auditioning
Real Name
Dom
I had a pair of Eckman 707s for years. I bought them new in 1980. They were a very high end speaker. The foam went bad so I dumped them. I think they had a 10 or 12" woofer with a passive radiator...whatever that is. I used to push them with a Carver amp. and paired them with a set of Bose 502s or 505's can't remember, made the dishes fall out of the cabinets every time I cranked it. Oh and the highs would fry your ears... Its been a long time since I heard anything that compared..maybe its because my ears are fried.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks