What's new

Anyone ever had a cell phone screen break from the cold? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I finally broke down and bought a cell phone to keep in the car for emergency calls last week. Still a little steamed that I have to keep adding 10 bucks a month to it whether I use it or not, but that's another rant. Since I want to leave it in the car, I'm a little concerned about the screen breaking over the winter. I'm not too concerned about the battery life (I have a power inverter, so I can plug it in to the car if I need it), but if the LCD bursts there's not much I can do about it. Is there really a danger of this happening though?

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I have never seen one broken due to cold and I am a service/repair tech for a cell phone company. I do however live in a milder climate, but I've not heard of that happening.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ive brought my cellphone snowboarding, but it was not super cold though, i guess about -5 to 0 degrees CELSIUS (im guessing about 18-23 farenheit? You yanks.. GO METRIC ALREADY! :p) Just Playin), it was fine...

The cellphone protective screen is usually plastic, so they dont break easily. Dunno bout the LCD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks