1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever had a cell phone screen break from the cold?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Chris Bardon, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I finally broke down and bought a cell phone to keep in the car for emergency calls last week. Still a little steamed that I have to keep adding 10 bucks a month to it whether I use it or not, but that's another rant. Since I want to leave it in the car, I'm a little concerned about the screen breaking over the winter. I'm not too concerned about the battery life (I have a power inverter, so I can plug it in to the car if I need it), but if the LCD bursts there's not much I can do about it. Is there really a danger of this happening though?

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

I have never seen one broken due to cold and I am a service/repair tech for a cell phone company. I do however live in a milder climate, but I've not heard of that happening.

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Ive brought my cellphone snowboarding, but it was not super cold though, i guess about -5 to 0 degrees CELSIUS (im guessing about 18-23 farenheit? You yanks.. GO METRIC ALREADY! :p) Just Playin), it was fine...

The cellphone protective screen is usually plastic, so they dont break easily. Dunno bout the LCD.