Anyone Ever Get Rid of a Hot Tub?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Armando Zamora, May 9, 2005.

1. Armando Zamora

Armando Zamora Second Unit

We're not a hot tub using kind of family and would like to get rid of a 6 person hot tub that conveyed with our house when we bought it from the previous owner. It's old and, frankly, wouldn't trust using it as the previous owner broke the control panel and "fixed it" by bypassing the panel and devising an alternate "home-made" control panel. Anyone have any advice or ideas regarding how to get rid of the hot tub? I was thinking of taking a reciprocating saw to it and cutting it up to manageable pieces so that I can haul it the landfill for disposal.

2. KenLeBlanc

KenLeBlanc Stunt Coordinator

I say give it away... Put an ad in a free bargain hunter magazine and someone will probably come pick it up and take it away.

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

someone will certainly take it. Give it away and make them haul it out of there!

my dad replaced a tub years ago and sold off the old one, it was a leaky round cedar tub and I think he got 50 bucks for it still.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Save it for winter and try to see if you can get 5 other friends to sled down the local hill in it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Want any more crazy ideas?

Jay

5. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

My wife and I are actually looking into buying a new hot tub. I'm wondering what the pro's & con's on the above ground units vs one that is built in-ground?

- Colton

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

As was stated, you can get rid of ANYTHING with the word "FREE". [​IMG]

7. Armando Zamora

Armando Zamora Second Unit

I read someplace where someone actually took the fiberglass portion of the tub...flipped it over...cut an opening on one side of it...covered the entire thing in dirt (except the opening) and landscaped it...whalla...makeshift doghouse (cave) for his dog.[​IMG]

Thanks for the ideas folks. I'll be putting an ad in the local bargain hunter magazine to see if anyone wants to take this thing off my hands (property)...although I was looking forward to destroying and slicing through this thing with my sawzall. It was the hauling away part that I wasn't too keen about.

8. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Producer

Zen K. Butler
    "It's hot in the hot tub!"