What's new

Anyone ever buy RAM online? (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Time to upgrade (never thought I'd feel that 128 MB was inadequate). Does anyone have experience - good or bad - with buying RAM online?

Thanks,

Jon

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I bought PC-133 DIMMs Rev 2 from Mushkins online about 2 years ago. No problems. I paid a little more than the going rate at the time, but it was worth it. I was running Win 98 SE and Windows 2000. 95% of all my Windows problems vanished as soon as I installed the new memory.

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I've used www.crucial.com with great success. They have shipping specials from time to time with second day fedex delivery free.
They have an excellent selector step thru to ensure you get the right memory for your computer.
~Kurt

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Add me as a satisfied crucial.com customer. The only thing to be careful of is ordering no-name or "house" brand ram from places. Buy brand name. It's not much more money.

-Steve

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
My friend ordered RAM from the dell.com website at 11:00 PM and he got it in the mail the next day, so I wouldn't worry about time.

Definitely go with Crucial. It's brand name stuff (they are a Micron subsidiary), and I can vouch for great customer service. I've bought from them twice with no problems, and their prices were better than what I could get locally for inferior memory.

James St

Supporting Actor
Crucial for me also. I bought it at the right time too when a 256mb stick of pc2100 was selling for about $30.:emoji_thumbsup:

Anthony S

Agent
I've bought Corsair brand from TCComputers.com twice with no problems. They sell several other brands as well.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I got a 256MB stick of DDR ram from newegg.com (Crucial brand) but since I was ordering a whole bunch of parts for a new PC, newegg had them for like $36 back in November'01.. Now the prices have gone wayyyyyyy up. Should of bought two then I guess!

Jay

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'm very impressed with Crucial's website - as well as all the recommendations - so Crucial it is.

Thanks for all the input!

(as an aside, I remember upgrading my 386 from 2MB RAM to 4 MB, and paying $97 for the 2MB. Thought I was hot stuff with 4 whole MB of RAM. Unbelievable)

Jon

Jin E

Second Unit
Not only does Crucial have some of the best RAM out there... they have an excellent web site and their stuff is pretty durned cheap to boot. If they aren't running a special... wait a day or two, they will. I've orderd all my ram from Crucial, and talked 4-5 friends into ordering ram from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks