Anyone ever bought from www.dvdbrazil.com?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Buchsbaum, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Adam Buchsbaum

Their website claims the DVD's they sell are "ALL REGION/NTSC, official releases, not bootlegs or VCDs."

They have ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA, however I cannot tell if it is letterboxed or anamorphic.

Does anyone have any info on them?

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...ahh... the Brazilian OUATIA is quite 'legit'... it is also full-screen, not letterboxed... was going to order it, but then I figured I'd hang on to my UK, p&s, PAL, mono, two-LD set until such time as a newly remastered, anamorphic 1.66:1 version comes out... somewhere... he said... hoping against hope...
    . . . [​IMG] . . .

3. Nathan_H

Nathan_H Stunt Coordinator

They're legit and not bad to deal with -- but be sure to ask about things like widescreen, anamorphic, etc, because a surprising number of their disks are pan&scan.

4. Neil N

Neil N Stunt Coordinator

I've bought from them, but probably won't again. This is mainly because of the full screen issue, but I also had problems with poor cases, loose discs, and a general lack of quality feel to the product.

When I bought they were also running auctions on E-bay, and when my bid didn't win they sent an e-mail offering to sell for my losing bid. If they're still doing this it could be a good way to save some money if you want to give them a try.