What's new

anyone esle having problems with Spy Game???? (1 Viewer)

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up Spy Game *the widescreen version* and it's doing the same thing that Monty Python and the Holy Grail did on my DVD player...the subtitles pop up for no reason and I go to turn them off and they pop back up....I'm wondering what I should do...take the DVD back or see if Universal is having problems with all of them

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Many players (as usual, lots of Toshibas) are having these problems

My Pioneer 414 is fine

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Umm...My Toshiba 5109 is one of the casualties of war. Is there a Firmware fix for this or are we S.O.L?

Bruce

Dahna

Auditioning
My Toshiba 6109 is doing the same thing. I can only turn off the subtitles for a few minutes and then, Boom! on they go! :-( Aaahh! I checked the review page on Amazon.com and many others are having this same problem w/ the subtitles.

I almost bought the Pioneer, but I needed an all in one.

Drats!

So does this mean a call to Universal or Toshiba?

Help!! I was really looking forward to this one.

Dahna

Auditioning
There's a fix for the Spy Game DVD. Bonnie on another part of this Forum, said to go under Bonus Materials and click on Special Ops. This setting allows the DVD to play w/ no subtitles. You'll get the occassional "Classified" file for the behind the scenes stuff like w/ the white rabbit on the Matrix DVD. The file appears on the lower right corner of the screen, but it disappears quickly.

Universal is apparently aware of the problem and is supposedly doing a fix. I want to own this one, so I'll wait til the fixed DVD is available.

Great flick, nonetheless!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks