Anyone Elses Yamaha HTR-5790 just get stuck?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Matt K P, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Matt K P

Matt K P Agent

Mine has gotten stuck on me 4 times so far watching two movies, where turning dials, pressing buttons; even power and remote control buttons do nothing.
    It only seems to do this when i dont play with the settings over long periods 30 min-45min.
    I have tried 2 different power outlets in case that was the culprit, but it seems to have done nothing.

any ideas guys?

thanks
    matt

2. al lout

al lout Stunt Coordinator

matt,

I got a yamaha be4... I did really get stuck to the point I can't power it up hehehe ... Now I have a pioneer 1014... really happy about the performent on it...

Al,

3. Eddie Horton

Eddie Horton Stunt Coordinator

Matt, I own the 5790 and it has never gotten stuck. You may want to return it for another unit if possible. I can't recall seeing other posts about this, so I wouldn't think it's normal.

4. Matt K P

Matt K P Agent

yes, its very odd i was watching bad boys 1 and 2 both at about -8 db. And after the first time this happened id check them every few minutes to see if it was going to happen again.

I left my reciever on last night though, playing bad boys 2 at only -35 and when i checked it again 2 hours later it was fine.

I am clueless.

thanks guys
    matt

5. Eddie Horton

Eddie Horton Stunt Coordinator

Listening at -8dB, if calibrated properly, is fairly loud. What kind/how many speakers are you running with it. May be a heat issue, so is it well ventilated? At first mine was running a 5 speaker set of Ascends, and even with them being nominal 8 ohm, pretty efficient speakers, it would get very hot if I pumped music to high volumes for extended periods of time. Still, it never locked up. Now, the mains are powered by 200 watt monoblocks, and the receiver handles surround duty only. Just trying to find a plausible explanation, but it still shouldn't do that with a set of 8 ohm speakers....hell, it shouldn't with 6 ohm. Let us know how it turns out.

6. Matt K P

Matt K P Agent

I am running jbl e60s for fronts, ec35 for center, and e10s for rears. I also have the e250p sub running on its self-amp. The only thing i can think of is that, they are all plugged into the same outlet(tv, dvd, cd, reciver, sub and it is not recieving enough power and possibly just freezing a certain internal component from lack of power?

I am exchanging it for another one, although it will take about 2 weeks to recieve, since i must ship this one back.