1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else's town have motorcycle "gangs"..

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Julian Reville, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

that only seem to come out at night?

Last night I was coming home from work; it was well after dark, but the streets were fairly busy, when a gaggle of motorcyclists came whizzing by. There were at least 20 of them, all riding similar Japanese bikes, what we used to call cafe racers, definitely not Harleys. They were breaking every traffic law possible, zigging in and out, cutting people off, tail-gating, you name it. Having a great old time. [​IMG]

Is this a popular night time activity that I'm just now discovering?

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

It's fairly common yes. It's actually kind of similar to the cafe racers I think. Most people I know will meet up somewhere like sonick every whatever night and hang out for awhile then go out and ride like jackasses and hope that someone in the group doesn't run into you.
    I ride alone.

3. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

My old apartment complex was at the beginning of a long straight street that had nothing past our apartments and was a dead end eventually. It was jackass central, but motorcycles were the worst. It's like 4 lanes wide so people would just do doughnuts as well as tearass around.

Then they would come stink up our weight room even though only like 2 of the guys lived there. Gah.

4. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

If you should see it again, just pull over and wait it out.
    If it happens at the same time as the last time, and they are still breaking laws, I'd make that phone call. As a safety issue, and nothing else.

Glenn

5. Shane Bos

Shane Bos Second Unit

Yeah here they meet every thursday night in front of the Chapters.

6. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Anyone else have a guy that lives on your street that loves to rev his Harley while going up the culdesac at 7:00 AM? [​IMG] I actually do love the sound, but only in the afternoon!

The little gangs are pretty common around here, there's even a big Harley Davidson shop nearby. The bikers never seem to give any trouble and all seem like nice guys. But they LOVE to point out when cars are too close to them.

7. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

8. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

I thought about pulling over, but these guys had me surrounded. If I had pulled over, or done anything other than continue in a straight line, I would have run into somebody. Then I would have been in BIG trouble. [​IMG]

I remember being young and foolish...I'm sure this was just innocent fun. [​IMG]