What's new

Anyone else want THE KING OF COMEDY? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
I believe this was a Fox release, but someone correct me if need be.
It is also my FAVORITE Scorsese flick!!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
This is in the top 10 of my most wanted titles. I'm also confused over who owns the title. Columbia used to have the rights but I'm not sure who has it now.

Ike

Screenwriter
And, if I'm not mistaken, this film has never been available in widescreen. Get on this one quick!

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
This is close to my favourite Scorcese flick as well (tied with Raging Bull and The Last Waltz). I'd buy a copy in a heartbeat, but...
Wouldn't this thread be better in the Studio and Manufacturer Feedback section? :)
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I agree that this probably belongs in the Studio Feedback section. There is already a thread there about a Scorsese box set being requested.
As I stated in that thread, I think that the vast majority of Scorsese's movies need to be either re-released with high quality anamorphic transfers, or released for the first time period (like The King of Comedy).
I am a huge Scorsese fan, but I only own Taxi Driver, as that is about the only DVD of his movies that have been done right (as well as perhaps Bringing Out The Dead).
Its sad that this great directors movies have not received better DVD treatment!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Moving it to the STUDIO FEEDBACK area
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Reserve me a copy - TKoC is an underrated gem. I just love that cynical finale! TKoC also gets my award for best use of a song during the closing credits. Van Morrison's Wonderful Remark perfectly encapsulates the movie...
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if use that line in my next western?"
[Edited last by SteveGon on September 05, 2001 at 05:43 PM]

rhett

Supporting Actor
The King Of Comedy, along with After Hours are hands down my favorite black comedies. De Niro and Scorsese always score winning combination, so whoever owns this, give it the release it deserves! You will appease a lot of loyal fans!
------------------
Help urge Fox to release Terror Train on DVD Uncut!
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003324.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMasterClaw