What's new

Anyone else want a DVD of The Creeping Flesh? (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I am a horror fanatic, and there are literally tons of horror films I want on DVD, but in this thread I will talk about THE CREEPING FLESH. This is one of the best horror films of the 70s in my opinion, and also has one of Christopher Lee's best roles. I would absolutely love a DVD release with a wonderful OAR transfer and some nice extras (i.e. Christopher Lee or director commentary)! I don't know who owns the rights, but I get the impression that Columbia does. Am I alone in wanting this gem? Thoughts?

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Ah, I would love a DVD of The Creeping Flesh.
MGM may have acquired this...Midnight Movies anyone?...or Anchor Bay....or Blue Underground.....or Image.....or...

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see others who love this film. Kevin, it would be awesome if any of those studios had the rights to it, as with Columbia, there's always the fear of possible pan and scan, and all the studios you mentioned would surely do the film justice.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I've had The Creeping Flesh on video for about 20 years, a good creepy atmospheric non-Hammer horror, worth having on dvd if it ever comes out, and like Gremlins, whatever happens don't get it... wet!;)

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
The Creeping Flesh is, as one reviewer put it, a "Jekyll and Hyde" of a film, seemingly the result of smushing two different scripts together that don't quite fit. (I'm speaking of the mad daughter's story.) The story of the fossil monster, though, has some of the creepiest, most atmospheric horror scenes in all of filmdom. It is, indeed, a "must-have" for any horror-movie fan.

Brett C

Second Unit
I'm a huge Horror fan, just look at my collection, lol. I'll be getting the UK R2 release, as it features a commentary track and video interview from Christopher Lee.
My DVD Collection

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I really like this movie but won't be buying the DVD until a price reduction. If it's $24.95 retail, the poor video quality from previous Columbia releases will have me waiting for a price reduction. If the retail is $19.95 I might jump at it now. I still haven't bought the Karloff film THE DEVIL COMMANDS due to the high price and poor transfer.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Great news, too bad about the non-extras but I am hopeful about the transfer....I hope.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'll be getting this. I agree the price is a little high but its standard for Columbia titles but the transfers are usually great so I expect this one to have a great transfer too. The Devil Commands was a little different story since it was a very old title, never released on Home Video before, not in TV circulation and the negative was probably in poor shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks