Anyone else waiting for 2.1??

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by JeffdDurborow, Oct 1, 2006.

1. JeffdDurborow

I am still a bit scared to update to 2.0. After thinking about it however. what are the chances that 2.1 wont have problems...?

I want TruHD before BatmanBegins comes out but damn me for not taking a risk??? [​IMG]

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I'm putting in a call to Toshiba in the morning to see if I can find some status on 2.1. While I just updated to 2.0 only Constantine had lip-sync issues in TrueHD, DD+ was fine. Also, Phantom in TrueHD was fine as well.

Do we even know if 2.1 addresses the lip-sync issue?

3. ppltd

ppltd Producer

I have noticed no problems with 2.0, but haven't watched Constantine since the upgrade. Think I will give it a try and see if I have the same issue.

Thomas Eisenmann

4. Stevepro1

Stevepro1 Extra

I watched Constantine yesterday in True HD and had no issues. I had 3 dropouts and lip sync problems with End of Days, but since then I have discovered that many users have had problems with that title.

2.1? Did I miss something? I just got the 2.0 disk in the mail last Friday.

Steve

5. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

I watched parts of CONSTANTINE, PHANTOM and TRAINING DAY with no lip synch issues after doing the upgrade. I wonder if the problem for those having it is in the firmware, or on the discs?

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    That's a good question as the problem seems very sporadic. I plan to return my copy of Constantine and try another or a different film with a TrueHD track.

I called Toshiba this morning and got no useful info. I'll try and call again later and see if I can find someone with more info. There have been enough complaints that I am certain Toshiba is aware there is a problem.

7. Lee Harvey

Lee Harvey Auditioning

I had lip-sync issues with "Spy Game". If I paused it and restarted it the issue would go away for a while.

8. ppltd

ppltd Producer

I have had a few lip sync problems. They seem to occure during a chapter change, at least that's the best I can figure. Pausing and restarting the chapter has always cleared it for me. This happened pre-2.0 on my Tosh, not since I have upgraded to 2.0.

Thomas Eisenmann

9. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

I didn't have any lip synch issues with Batman Begins' Dolby TrueHD track, but it did skip a couple times. Otherwise, it looked and sounded great.

10. John Sparks

John Sparks Screenwriter

John Sparks
    Go to AVSForum.com to learn about all the problems with FW2.0. Remember, when installed, there's no turning back. That's not really true, you can reload 1.4 but then you won't be able to play HD's!!!

11. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    I'm still at v1.2 and will remain there until Toshiba corrects the HDMI->DVI conversion issues inherent in later revisions.

12. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Cinematographer

Question. Are these lip sync issues isolated to TrueHD tracks only?

13. JeffdDurborow

I second that question...

14. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Two different Tosh reps in the past week have said that they have no information about a 2.1 upgrade.

Interesting/nice that Tosh has apparently made that line a priority: I've had brief or no hold time every time I've called. But maybe that's just testament to how relatively few people own players and are calling.