Anyone else use an Audiocontrol Richter Scale (bass management)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Falkler, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Scott Falkler

Scott Falkler Second Unit

2. Scott Falkler

?

3. Aaron Smithski

Aaron Smithski Stunt Coordinator

Hey Scott,

I have one of these still in use in my family room system; not the home theater. I had a lot of fun with it at first (purchased new in 1993) but it really isn't a very accurate tool for smoothing out the bass peaks and dips due to the 1/2 octave spacing. I still keep it around because of the 24/db octave Linkwitz-Riley active crossover; which I use to send lows to a 200/wpc Yamaha amp and highs back to the Yamaha receiver. What a pain though to change the crossover frequency: 16-pin resistor network! I have my 12" subs centered between my front L/R speakers (behind the TV in corner) so I just left in the 90 hz module that came with it.

Aaron

4. Aaron Smithski

Aaron Smithski Stunt Coordinator

WOW - I just checked out your gaming setup. It looks like someone threw a grenade in front of your screen! :) JK/it looks as if you own one of everything!

5. Scott Falkler

Thanks for the reply!

I have great results using it to flatten out my response in my HT room. (lucky, huh?!)I still have the original reciept from 198?

and I still love this peice. I use it for the steep X-Over slope, but also for the EQ. I have a very large ported box, so the subsonic filter helps me keep control of the driver below the tuning frequency to avoid over-excursion.

I took out all of my gaming stuff to repack it in plastic bins as opposed to cardboard boxes because it was all getting crushed and tangled together. I usually have the PS1, N64, and DC on the lower shelf as shown, and the PS2, XBox and GC on the left shelf with the Yamaha switcher. Everything else is just thrown dwon there. Someone wanted to see a pic of my setup and details so I threw together the page in about 10minutes using geocities free site and their prefabricated site designs, hence the Badtz Maru stuff!!

Thanks again, and anyone else?