What's new

Anyone else think those 'America Undercover' shows on HBO go too far sometimes? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Like last week, they had a girl who had a problem with the vinyl siding on her parents house!? And then this week is about a little boy who learns that his mother was killed in the World Trade Center tragedy...right as we watch!?

I started watching it tonight, and then when I read the synopsis in the TV Guide, I said to myself "Hell No! I'm not going to sit here and watch a little boy learn of his mothers death!" and changed the channel. I realize that we shouldn't shy away from things like that, but this show would have bummed me out for a week if I had watched it.

I enjoy those shows sometimes, particularly those 'Autopsy' shows, but things like this are a little too much to take.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I normally don't watch them, since they are on at the same time as "Simpsons" and "X-Files" here, but I watched the one last night, "Telling Nicholas".

Even though it was a bit self-indulgent on the filmmakers part, and the editing in some places was a bit heavy-handed, I liked it.

The scene where Nicholas' dad finally told him that his mom had died was VERY emotional, but it wasn't "in your face", it was filmed far enough away that it didn't feel to intrusive. It was very interesting, a moment like I have never seen on television before.

/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks