What's new

Anyone else sent thier VSX-49TX to Pioneer for the upgrade? (1 Viewer)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
You're the only person I know who did this. I plan on doing it before the deadline at the end of July maybe by the end of this month I'll do it. Then we'll be the only 2 people to do it.

I wonder if Pioneer is judging the response for the upgrade as to whether or not to offer it for other models or whether or not they include i.Link on the next line of receivers?

Daniel Smith

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 49tx but just couldn't justify spending the money on the upgrade. None of the features seemed worth it to me. Besides, I use RE-EQ on some of the other modes and I don't want to loose that ability.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I plan on doing it before the deadline at the end of July maybe by the end of this month I'll do it.
Make sure you make out a money order to Pioneer electronics and place it inside the box. Also jot down the serial#. Have your dealer send it out to Pioneer 2day air. They will get reimbursed from Pioneer. Oh, also have it insured for $3,000. Call the #800 if you have any ?s or to check the status of your 49TX. Give them several days before you call. Your 49TX will be awaiting evaluatuion when it arrives.

When you get it back, a new manual will be inside the box. Read it carefully before you start using the i-link. That includes the manual for the 47Ai. If you plan on buying that also.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I don't think I'm gonna get the 47ai I'll wait till next year to get a new player. My 49TX doesn't have a serial # I believe they'll still upgrade it, right?

Thanks for the advice Evilio.

Dan do you not like the THX mode, couldn't you use that instead of the other modes with re-eq turned on.

Daniel Smith

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, I have no prob with THX mode. I use it for my movies all the time as I like the way it sounds. However, I do use 7-ch stereo and a few other modes for some of my anime and stuff and I would not like to loose the ability to use it on those modes.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Oh I see. You use 7ch stereo for movies I've never tried that are those animes recored in 5.1 or stereo. I use THX MUsicMode for my Xbox and it does a really good job with the timbre matching the voices when they move from speaker to speaker. I never notice the timber matching in movies but I tried it with Medal of Honor for Xbox and it makes a big difference.

Daniel Smith

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
The anime is usually stereo or mono. I don't like the Mono Movie mode so I use the 7-ch stereo. It's rare, but I don't want to loose the RE-EQ for when I do use it.

Doug X

Grip
I just sent my unit in for upgrade. When I called up their 49tx hotline to request an ARA number and receive an invoice, they asked me for a serial number. I read the serial number (a six-digit number) to them and they claimed the serial number should be a four letter code followed by a six digit code followed by a two letter code.

Well, it definitely was not of that form. I'll let you know how things go.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Doug the real serial number is long not six numbers. Did you buy from an authorized dealer doesn't sound like you did. I didn't have a serial # on the back of mine & they still upgraded it.

Daniel Smith

Doug X

Grip
I did buy it from an authorized dealer. However, I was an early adopter, and I wonder if they changed their serial number scheme.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
No it was the same on the 3xTX series. I also got a six digit number but minie wasn't from an authorized dealer it should have a barcode on top of the serial # not the gold one but a white and black barcode on the serial# sticker if not than you got screwed and you better hope it doesn't break.

Daniel Smith

Doug X

Grip
Thanks for the cheerful thoughts. My serial number did have a black and white bar code on it.

But in any case, I think the unit is out of warranty now ....

Doug X

Grip
Just to followup on my previous post: Pioneer accepted my serial number as-is (on their new label, they list my old serial number) and upgraded my unit in about two weeks. The new unit is working great, and iLink is definitely worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks