What's new

Anyone else see "How I met your mother"? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
We got our free sample episode dvd in the mail yesterday, Allyson Hannigan's new show but it is very ensemble-y. Sort of "seinfeld" structure-wise. Cute so far...

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I haven't seen it, but I know the previews made it out to look very cheesy and predictable.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I watched it a few days ago mostly because of Hannigan. I didnt care for it. It was trying to be too funny and I dont think it worked. It was like watching a play that didnt work. I thought Neil Patrick Harris was way over the top and very unlikable.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
My fiancee subscribes to Entertainment Weekly so I guess that's how it came. It was cute at times and might get better. Alysson was adorable as always but I'm biased.
The disc also has "Everybody hates Charles" on it.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Gee, I subscribe to that, too, but they've never sent me a DVD. Was it inside the mag or mailed by itself?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
It came on it's own. I know she has signed up for things like movie screenings with them so maybe that's why?

:) d

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've been an EW subscriber for 10 straight years and I've only received ONE of those DVDs. Whatcha gonna do?

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Is this a traditional sitcom (with a laugh track) or a one-camera show like AD?

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
This doesn't look too good from the previews. I hope Alyson chooses a better show after this one bombs.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Has this premiered yet? While it does look pretty corny (I checked out a lengthy preview over at the CBS site), I've gotta lend my support to Alyson Hannigan (Buffy!) and Jason Segel (Freaks & Geeks!).

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I will also give it a chance based on the brilliance of Jason Segel in "Freaks & Geeks" and "Undeclared". I'm glad that casting agents and producers like him despite the fact that his shows always get cancelled prematurely. I also like Hannigan, and narration from Bob Saget seems like it could be a nice touch.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hmmm. This seems to be on up against Fox's Kitchen Confidential (with Nicholas Brendon from Buffy). I'll have to watch one and record the other. :)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It's not just a Battle of the "Buffy" All-Stars. They've both got one character each from "Buffy", "Freaks and Geeks", and (I just noticed) the movie "Harold and Kumar".

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well IMHO, this was far more entertaining than "Kitchen..." which just seemed pointless to me. Nicholas Brendon needs a better agent, he was wasted in it. At least Alysson was memorable in her new show.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was pretty decent, but I'm not sure I liked the twist in the end where the woman he loved wasn't actually "your mother" (wouldn't the kids already know he wasn't decribing their mom?) Plus, that girl was HOT!

I'll pretty much watch it for Allyson anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks