Anyone else remember Big Shots, Solarbabies, and Making Contact?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Jul 9, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I used to watch the movies alot as a kid. Last night I thought about them again for some odd reason. I'm sure if I saw them again today I probably wouldn't like them as much.

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

I remember Solarbabies! It had a Maurice Jarre (largely, if not entirely electronic) soundtrack and Jami Gertz.

3. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

Big Shots used to be my little brother's favorite movie. He'd watch it about 5 times a week. I used to get so annoyed by it. I actually watched it again a year or two ago, and managed to be entertained by it. Mostly out of nostalgia.

Solar Babies was another one of those movies that was on HBO every other day during the 80's. I probably saw it 20 times in a one year period. Even then I knew it was a bad movie, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Never even heard of Making Contact though. Must not have been on HBO.

4. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Making Contact was a movie about a kid who had a puppet in his closet that was posessed and had powers and stuff. I think the puppet was in a tuxedo, and had one of those glass things over one of his eyes, but I could be wrong. It was a crazy little movie. I haven't seen it in like 12 or 13 years, so I don't remember too much about it.

5. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I own Making Contact on VHS and I will be buying the 2-disc DVD release Anchor Bay is putting out at the end of the year.
    Crap, I just admitted I liked (and own) Making Contact. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

I went and looked up Making Contact at Imdb, and I slightly remember it. I think I may have seen it years ago. I'll definately rent the DVD when it comes out. I have a fetish for any cheesy 80's movie.
    For some reason when I looked up Making Contact it made me remember Pulse, the Joey Lawrence movie where electricty killed people. Anybody remember that one?

7. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Ross,
    "Get some kerosene. It smells bad, but it makes a pretty light." [​IMG] That guy reminds me of the Voice of Doom old man from the Friday the 13th movies.
    The little next door neighbor was creepy, for some reason.