What's new

Anyone else really hate Valentines Day? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Same here, except as I said earlier in the thread, this might have something to do with me once forgetting V-Day just after I had gotten engaged.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

I'd forgotten about this thread, even if I had been thinking about 'where to' this year for our pre- or post-Valentine's meal.

But the reason I quote my post from last year is that of all the stupid things to happen, having gone to a nice fancy restaurant, both of us got the runs. And the really stupid thing is I've never complained to them, even though I'd guess that kicking up a fuss would get us some freebies for next time -- but then again, would you return to a restaurant that had given you the runs? :P

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
As posted some while back, I’m a big fan of Valentine’s Day. After all, how often does one get the opportunity to give a woman sexy lingerie and champagne at the same time? And with the outcome most likely predetermined.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Even married, I'm still no fan of V Day. This year we're having dinner at home with friends who, with three young kids, don't get out much and then watching a DVD. I'm glad to not be contending with the crowded restaurants. And last year I got permission to not do flowers or presents on valentines day.

Still need to pay the Hallmark Tax, though.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.