What's new

Anyone else really hate Valentines Day? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it was mentioned, but did you know that the most canned whipped cream is sold around Valentine's Day?

Jimi C

Screenwriter

Didn't we just have a conversation about this? I believe it was you who said, "just because there's a sold sign on the lawn, dos'nt mean you can't still make an offer."

It has worked out for me.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I go to the mall, go up to one of those directory thingies with my eyes closed and randomly point. Whatever my index finger lands on that's where I shop. This year it landed on flippin' Zales. A couple a hundred dollars on a cute pearl ring. She loved it. Thought I spent all day wandering around trying to find just the right gift. Hmmm it's the randomness that counts.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Wow! How time just flew by....

An update to post #40. I've been back with my gf for the past year or so. It's going in the right direction (I think). I still hate V-day because of the expectations on guys to do the "right thing". Let me count the ways....

Roses delivered to her workplace....$$$
Giant Hello Kitty stuff animal..........$$$
Swarovski crystal pendant.............$$$
Dinner @ atmospheric Japanese restaurant near Golden Gate Bridge....$$$

To think I could've purchase a new AV receiver with the money spend for V-day. On the other hand, if tonight ends with a, ahem, "happy ending"....then I can overlook it.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Why do I get the feeling that lifestyles in other parts of the country could annoy Mark as well? :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
He's ranting about a V-day commercial over in the "Commercials that really irritate you" thread.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I feel obliged to post something in this thread since I've participated before, but I don't really have anything more to add that I haven't already posted. Not much has changed for me other than the new gadgets that I own and one more year on the odometer. I'm resigned enough to my situation that I've actually grown some hideous Cliff Claven-esque facial hair over the past few months. I defy anyone to be attracted to me! :D :D

Since the thread has bounced back to complaints about V-Day, I'll quote myself from two years ago so that its clear that this day doesn't really bug me.

Brad

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
The worst part is that this thread that keeps reappearing every year here at HTF is the only thing that reminds me about what Valentines Day is REALLY about.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, the final tally of this so-called nor'easter is about 3 inchs of heavy slush.... THIS SUCKS!!!!! GIVE ME SNOW!!!!

Oh, and Valentine's Day still blows.

Jay

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Yeah, the final tally of this so-called nor'easter is about 3 inchs of heavy slush.... THIS SUCKS!!!!! GIVE ME SNOW!!!!"

I live in lower NY, near PA, and we got a decent amount. It was mostly snow/sleet/ice mixture that made the roads pretty bad. Then around midday snow was coming down so heavy that in about 3 or 4 hours it doubled what came down the previous night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.