Anyone else play the Sims?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Aug 15, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I love this game, and am addicted to it. I love creating new houses and working on the ones that the game and it's add-ons provide. I can't wait for the Sims Unleashed, so I can have more pets than just the fish tank, fish pond, and hamster. I have all 4 of the other add-ons, which are all cool in their own way. Hot Date and Vacation are my favorites though.

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I played it for a while and got bored...it is a cool game though.

3. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

I'm convinced it's not a 'game'.

4. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

My roomie used to spend entire days just creating homes, accessorizing them, making sure every hallway, nook, and room was stuffed with the latest greatest item (she used the money cheat)... the actual Sims themselves were more of an afterthought.

I was obsessed with creating a cult leader, so I developed this ultra savvy and suave gentleman (i did not use any cheats) who ended up carrying on deep relationships with 3 men and 6 women, all at the same time. Jealousy would abound, but he had this way of balancing out the needs of each person. They would call him at all hours of the night and get upset if he was in the bathtub while they came over. Then he bought a voodoo doll...

I have such great memories of The Sims... I wish i had a computer (outside of work) again... that nonsense-speak still goes through my head even though it has been 2 years..

"mmmushaii ohhh frav-frickasheen!"

~j

5. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    I played the Sims for about a year and ultimately grew bored with it. Now I just play Sim City 3000 Unlimited.

6. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I dont like sim games (roller coaster tycoon, The Sims, Sim City, etc).. i mean, its boring... [​IMG]

7. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I played for a while; but damn, it's hard enough finding time to do the things I enjoy in REAL life let alone having some little computer bastard soak up all MY time.

8. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

I played it a while back and got tired of trying to get my couple to work on time after a hearty breakfast. That reminds me, I ought to get back into it and try a different tack. A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) exists!

9. Kenneth

Kenneth Supporting Actor

My kids love to play it, although they also use the money cheat extensively. My oldest is always alternating between the downtown area for dating and the vacation areas. My middle one was heartbroken when the social worker carted off his first baby in the game [​IMG]
    Kenneth

10. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris
    Played it when it was brand new. Was fun for awhile, before the novelty wore off. Now, it's just a boring sim to me. ZZzZzzzzzzz...*yawn*
    I did do the "nude" hack. Was kinda funny. [​IMG]

11. Jarrod_L

Jarrod_L Stunt Coordinator

Well, I picked up the Unleashed expansion the other day, and while I love what it's added to the game, I've been experiencing lock up & total shutdown at odd times. Don't know if it's me or the game has flaws.

Anybody else having problems with Unleashed?

12. Romier S

Romier S Producer

13. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Heh, Rom same here with my wife. She never got the Livin' Large, so we got the Deluxe Edition and Unleashed, which means we have every expansion pack. What I did was uninstall every game, and used the Sim cleaner to clean up the registry (that comes with Unleashed I think). Then I reinstalled every game in order. Works great.
    So far my wife had her character abducted by aliens (and returned later), one of her sims uses a voodoo doll on the other, and she's killed her lizard, turtle, parrot, and dog all accidently [​IMG], she also uses the sims designer that came with deluxe to design sims using our pictures of ourselves. The robot is a riot too!