Anyone else play games using cheats?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by David Ely, May 29, 2003.

1. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

Over the past few years, I've found that I don't have the same patience with video games as I used to. To rectify this situation, I started using cheats in various games. While I still do play games without cheats (currently playing Jet Set Radio Future), there are some I enjoy much more using cheats (currently playing BloodRayne).

I was just wondering if there are other gamers out there like myself that use game cheats on a regular basis.

P.S. Before anyone mentions it, I don't believe in using cheats for online gaming.

2. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

I'm too lazy to look up cheats to use them. If playing on the easy setting on a rental game is considered cheating then, I'm guilty as hell.

3. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I'll use cheats if they add to my enjoyment of a game. For example, Enclave got a bit too tough and tedious towards the middle, so I used an invincibility code because I wanted to see what the rest of the game had to offer. For a game like GTA3, cheats can add a lot of life to the game after you've beaten it too.

4. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

5. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

I never use cheats, but I will consult an occasionally consult a FAQ or walkthrough if I am stuck, particularly in a big RPG. The problem is, I soon start seeing how much I missed (oh, if I had chosen the left path and jumped up on the ledge I could have found some sweet Ogre Gauntlets in the third barrel...) and then I get paranoid about missing other stuff and I end up just reproducing the walkthrough step-by-step. So I try not to read those unless I am really stuck and it's either that or chuck the game out the window. But cheats, no, I don't use them.

6. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

I use cheats when I'm on the last day of a rental on a game that I know I'm near the end of or a game that is pissing me off stuck on some early level. But I really haven't had to lately, except glance at the odd walkthru to get past a certain puzzle.

7. James St

James St Supporting Actor

8. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

9. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

I don't generally like using "cheats", but I often use walkthroughs and will readily exploit any helpful glitches. Sometimes I'll use a cheat to reduce the time something will take(say, gathering large amounts of money in an RPG). When it comes to difficulty, I'll keep at it until the annoyance factor becomes overwhelming(doesn't take long, sometimes) or I simply want to move on with the story. I refuse to use any cheats to completely bypass parts of a game, though...

10. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

11. Derrik Draven

Derrik Draven Supporting Actor

Chris

12. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

13. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

To each their own, David [​IMG]. What you just described would be about as boring as I can possibly imagine [​IMG].

14. Romier S

Romier S Producer

15. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

Put me under the perfectionist, have-to-get-everything category, too. [​IMG]

16. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I usually like to play through a game without cheating, though I might use a guide. Afterwards, I'll use cheats if they're fun.

My brother rented Enter the Matrix last week and I plan on buying it next week, so even though we only had it a few days, we didn't use cheats. When I buy it, I'm going to finish it all the way through, then cheat.