Anyone else planning on watching Miracles?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Martin, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

I'll admit to being intrigued and hopeful by the promos for the show. Ever since the demise of The X-Files (and it happened long before the show was done), I've been longing for a well-written, well-acted show exploring the supernatural, the existence of God, and related matters.

I've read mixed reviews, but will watch the pilot (tape it, actually). Just wondering if anyone else plans on giving it a try.

And Veritas: The Quest sounds like it could be cool, but I have little faith in network suits to get it right.

2. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

I'll be watching this tonight. Let's hope for the best.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Looks to me like a show that belongs on PAX instead. Touched by an Angel style crap with Log Cabin instead of Maple syrup

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I'm interested. It's a neat idea, I've heard it's a great pilot, and Angel's old show-runner David Greenwalt will be steering it from the second episode on. I wish it wasn't on at the same time as Crossing Jordan, but that's how these things always seem to work out.

Veritas, I'm hoping is good PG-rated Saturday serial fun. That's hard to do, though, so I don't figure on watching it when Boston Public is new.

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

All of my IT geek friends are already referring to V:TQ as "Veritas: The Backup". [​IMG]

Miracles looks interesting, though. Echo the sentiments about it's unfortunate timeslot, opposite both CSI:Miami and Crossing Jordan. Do I need 3 TiVo's now? yeesh.

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

7. Craig P

Craig P Stunt Coordinator

I realize that AICN is an anathema to most here, but here's the comments of Hercules there, who had at least watched the show:

8. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

Miracles looks promising, I'll be tuning in. Based on the previews it almost reminds me of Millennium season 2 (which I loved), except that the lead is working with the Catholic church instead of a secret organization. Somehow I doubt Skeet Ulrich will be as good as Lance Henriksen, though.

I halfway expect that if it meets my expectations (dark, intense, intelligently written) it probably won't last long on ABC, since that network seems to have a preference for brain-dead reality shows. Right now the only thing I watch on ABC is Alias.

9. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

Miracles looks promising, I'll be tuning in. Based on the previews it almost reminds me of Millennium season 2 (which I loved), except that the lead is working with the Catholic church instead of a secret organization. Somehow I doubt Skeet Ulrich will be as good as Lance Henriksen, though.

I halfway expect that if it meets my expectations (dark, intense, intelligently written) it probably won't last long on ABC, since that network seems to have a preference for brain-dead reality shows. Right now the only thing I watch on ABC is Alias.