What's new

Anyone else pick up the first season of Coach? (1 Viewer)

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson
Hello all,

Just wondering if there are many coach fans here? I'm hoping sales will be good and encourage universal to continue with the series.

I've watched the first disc already and it brings back memories of watching it on ABC. Quality could have been better but I was satisfied for $30 CDN.

Hoping to get all of the seasons but am not optimistic about that happening since it seems to be a forgotten series.

My fingers are crossed.

Oh BTW, love this forum. Lots of great info.

Cory

JonathanBB

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't yet picked up the first season, but I plan to this week. I saw the fifth season of ILL on sale at Walmart so I bought that instead. I'm not very happy with the packaging, though. 2 keepcases for 13 episodes? The amount of space that takes up amounts to 2 seasons of The Brady Bunch.

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson
Yeah, the packaging was poor. Should have used slim cases plus the artwork was horrible.

Hoping this doesn't discourage buyers as if the first season flops, they'll discontinue the series. Which would be a shame as it was a good sitcom.

I think this was the only tv sitcom that I actually watched every episode in it's original airing.

My favorite characters were luther and dauber.

Hope you enjoy watching it.

Cory

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
I just got mine from amazon today and plan on watching it tonight.I would purchase all of the seasons of this show up until they moved it to orlando. I did not like it after that point.also universal has set up a coach website its coachdvd.com.I know they did the same for leave it to beaver (leaveittobeaverdvd.com) and the rockford files (rockfordfilesdvd.com)and these shows have had multiple seasons released. I don't believe they have set up a website for all of their dvd releases.so maybe there is hope for more coach releases.

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson
Coach is single sided disks.

Like you I'm very glad theve changed as the magnum pi 1st season that I just got is scratched.

Cory

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow. It was one of my favorites of the "80's/'90's era.
I can live with the fact that the packaging sucks, I really don't care, as long as it sells well enough to warrant more releases.
It reallly was a great sitcom!!

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite is when Luther got fired for buying the team dinner (sent school into probation) and got a job working at a miniature golf course. "You're a winner! A FREE dinner!"

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson
Anyone heard anything on how well this set sold?

It's dropped to 24 bucks at my WM, hoping thats not a bad sign.

I've been recording episodes off of CTS here in canada but would prefer uncut and uncensored episodes. This is a religous channel so some words are edited out.

Waiting patiently for a season 2 announcment.

Cheers

Cory

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It's dropped to to $22 at Target and Best Buy as well. Looks like no more sets on this one. Murphy Brown suffered the same fate as well, price drops and the like.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Anything new on Season 2? I finished up the first season today finally and it was even better than I remembered.

Paul

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Yes the show is great, but as mentioned, it has probably flopped in the sales department, and we may not see anymore releases. I tried to copy as many eps off TV with my DVD recorder, but would rather have the uncut eps from universal.

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson
I guess since we've heard nothing this is probably officially dead as far as future dvd releases.

Too bad as I would have gladly bought every single season.

They should have bundled the first two seasons together. The price was a little too high for only 13 episodes.

I'm sure diehards like yself had no problem with the price but a lot of casual fans wouldn't be interested at that price.

I hope simon & simon doesn't suffer the same fate.

Cheers

Cory

coryE

Agent
Real Name
cory emerson
I guess since we've heard nothing this is probably officially dead as far as future dvd releases.

Too bad as I would have gladly bought every single season.

They should have bundled the first two seasons together. The price was a little too high for only 13 episodes.

I'm sure diehards like yself had no problem with the price but a lot of casual fans wouldn't be interested at that price.

I hope simon & simon doesn't suffer the same fate.

Cheers

Cory

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks