What's new

Anyone else pick up Otogi Myth of Demons? (1 Viewer)

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
I just got this title today and it is pretty killer. Anyone else pick this one up? If so, what do you think?

Brion

Phil Levy

Stunt Coordinator
Bought, but haven't played it yet. Been too enthralled with F-Zero GX and, to a lesser extent, Disgaea.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I played some of the demo from Official Xbox Magazine's game disc and thought it was pretty cool. Looks very slick. Haven't heard too much about it otherwise. Apparently there's already a sequel released (or pending) in Japan.

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
I've had more time to play this game and it just keeps getting better and better. Anyone contemplating buying this game should. It is one of the coolest games I've played on the Xbox!

Brion

Noah Gottula

Stunt Coordinator
Ya I bought it as well. Really fun game, not much plot or complicated gameplay too it, but fun none the less. Gotta love the 30 hit combos.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I think I'll be picking this one up tomorrow, it looks hot and the word of mouth has been good.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Finally got it, as it has been sold out around here.
The gameplay is also a bit off from what I was expecting. I imagined it would be lightning fast and responsive like Shinobi, but the character is a bit slow and floaty. The hint of Gunvalkyrie thrown in is cool. I should also note that it runs at 30FPS rather than the standard 60FPS and it does hurt the impact the graphics make compared to something like ZOE2. Overall, I'd put this game in the middle tier of 3D hack and slashers. It's definately no Devil May Cry, but rather another in the long line of good entries that are just short of being great such as Buffy, Shinobi, and Rygar.

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
It looks better in 4:3 than in 16:9, but then again, I haven't come across too many demons to have a good point of reference of what the right ratio would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks