Anyone else pick up Metal Slug 3?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BrionL, Jun 5, 2004.

1. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

This game has to be one of the most addicting games I've ever played!

If you want a good 2D shooter thats addictive, fun, and hard then check this one out.

Brion

2. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

i rented this for 2 nights and played it off an on.

it's HARD, man!!! i couldn't get past the second level boss before i had to return it (even using the second player lives to extend the game).

it's good, but i don't think i'll play it again, the repetitive nature of the game is not my thing.

3. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

The thing I like about it is that it is hard. A lot of games these days seem to be too easy(in my opinion).

Too bad you got bored with it. I'm glad I picked it up and can't wait until January when Metal Slug 4/5 come out on one disc.

Brion

4. LorenH

LorenH Auditioning

I like it quite a bit and my review should be going up tomorrow for it (I just finished writing it). The only problem I see is something that they changed from the Arcade and Neo Geo release. When you continue in this game you start at the beginning of the stage. In the Arcade and Neo Geo game you start off where you ended.

This makes the game a bit harder than it actually is (although it is hard even with the "continue at the spot" problem). Expect to see Metal Slug 4 and 5 (in one package) early next year.

5. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I only played the demo, but I did enjoy it. I miss the 2D games of old, but I don't think I'll be picking up Metal Slug 3. I've always liked space-based shooters more (Thunderforce especially) and recently picked up Ikaruga. Fantastic game- although very hard.

6. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

I'm hoping that there will be more 2D games coming out. 3D is great but I still miss the 2Ds.

Brion

7. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer