What's new

Anyone else pick up Metal Slug 3? (1 Viewer)

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
This game has to be one of the most addicting games I've ever played!

If you want a good 2D shooter thats addictive, fun, and hard then check this one out.

Brion

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i rented this for 2 nights and played it off an on.

it's HARD, man!!! i couldn't get past the second level boss before i had to return it (even using the second player lives to extend the game).

it's good, but i don't think i'll play it again, the repetitive nature of the game is not my thing.

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
The thing I like about it is that it is hard. A lot of games these days seem to be too easy(in my opinion).

Too bad you got bored with it. I'm glad I picked it up and can't wait until January when Metal Slug 4/5 come out on one disc.

Brion

LorenH

Auditioning
I like it quite a bit and my review should be going up tomorrow for it (I just finished writing it). The only problem I see is something that they changed from the Arcade and Neo Geo release. When you continue in this game you start at the beginning of the stage. In the Arcade and Neo Geo game you start off where you ended.

This makes the game a bit harder than it actually is (although it is hard even with the "continue at the spot" problem). Expect to see Metal Slug 4 and 5 (in one package) early next year.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I only played the demo, but I did enjoy it. I miss the 2D games of old, but I don't think I'll be picking up Metal Slug 3. I've always liked space-based shooters more (Thunderforce especially) and recently picked up Ikaruga. Fantastic game- although very hard.

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hoping that there will be more 2D games coming out. 3D is great but I still miss the 2Ds.

Brion

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks