Anyone else pick up Land of the Lost The Complete Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dean C, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

What a good deal this set is, at $29 Canadian at Best Buy after they found out Future Shop was selling it for that price. It was originally going at $79.

Another set people should pick up is the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century for $19 Canadian, cause some places are sold at $99 what a deal.

2. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Supporting Actor

I always loved this series as a kid. A few years ago, I rented one of the disks available at the time from Netflix. My two kids liked it a lot. I may have to pick this one up. Just curious, how many seasons/episodes were there for this series?

3. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

Yes, I believe that this was Sid & Marty Krofft's most famous and possibly best series out of the large library of children's programs they assembled in the 1970's.

There were actually three seasons of LOTL. I was so excited about this series that I purchased them individually as they were each released. I think looking back now that I would have preferred to have it as one big set with all three seasons.

Dean, $29 dollars, north of the border. That's a steal! Good for you.

Jeff, it's a no brainer. There are some really neat extras on this series too. You get to see Will & Holly as grown-ups talking about making the show as teenagers.

There are many people (on this website) who are really looking forward to Sigmund & The Sea Monsters Season Two. I think that this was probably the second most popular show that the Krofft brothers put together. Still nothing compares to Land of the Lost.

4. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

LAND OF THE LOST THE COMPLETE SERIES

COMPLETE WITH EXTRAS, 8 DVD AND NOT I REPEAT NOT DOUBLE SIDED.

ORIGINAL PRICE WAS AROUND $89 CDN FUNDS. FOUND AT $29 WHAT A STEAL.

5. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson

Um...have you ever heard of H. R. Pufnstuf? I'd say that was at least as popular as Sigmund. [​IMG]

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Did they make an updated version of this in the 90s, starring the dad from Step By Step?

7. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

Now they have signed Will Ferrell to be the Father in Land of the Lost the Movie

8. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Second Unit

What else have you heard about the movie version? (Will Ferrell to star as the Father)

I haven't seen anything on it.

Yes, H.R. Pufnstuf is a gem too!

9. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

It was way back in the movies posts in here. Also Pufnstuff is supposed to be a movie too. And people were asking what was up with that show.

Also in tv.com and the Land of the Lost website saying this was to be a movie. Along with HR Pufnstuff.

It was never starring the Step by Step father but it was brought back in the 90's for a short stint.