Anyone else not like the B&B: Platinum box art?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Conrad, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

Here it is:
    [​IMG]
    Anyone else not like that? I mean, really, for the only animated film ever to be nominated for Best Picture they could have at least gone for something a little better.
    Something along the lines of this would have been nice:
    [​IMG]
    Anyone else feel the same way?

2. Anne M

Anne M Agent

For what it's worth, I agree with you. I think your suggestion is vastly superior to the cheesy official cover. I think it's the background and the rose that really get to me. The colors seem to clash with the pictures of the characters, which, obviously are the focus of the artwork. Anyway, that's my humble opinion. [​IMG]

3. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

I like your idea better. I'm of the opinion that the hteatrical poster art should be used for DVD cover art.

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I think they should keep the faces (especially of Beast)from being exposed on the cover.

5. MatthiasK

MatthiasK Auditioning

Wow, I definitly like the 2nd pic better! We should start a petition to get it changed...they still have plenty of time to change it before the release [​IMG]

6. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I like the box art. The release has to appeal to a wider audience than just film buffs and collectors. The characters and colors on the box will be easier to spot by children and easier for others who like the film to see it on shelves (which will move more copies and satisfy Disney.) The second picture is pretty, but more adult and limited in its marketing appeal.

7. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    I like the artwork that is being used just fine. Very eye-catching and colorful.

The second one just looks like something that would be used for a films pre-release promotion

8. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Here's a thought,

With films that appeal to both the kids and the adult population, print a reversable cover with both images. Sell it with the first image showing, as it will be seen by everyone and their kids, then when we buy it we can simple flip the insert to the other side.

Jimmy!

9. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    ScottR is totally correct. Which is why "artistic" DVD covers are NEVER used for major titles people want to move. You have to see the main actors (or in this case, characters) to appeal to the casual buyer (or parent). I don't mind the cover, but I have seen about 3 or 4 better images from B&TB I would prefer. But it is to be expected...they have to sell these in K-Mart's as well.

Take care,

Chuck

P.S. I did like Jimmy's idea, but I doubt it would be profitable for Disney to do that. At least we know the disc will rock...and we can make our own covers!

10. Jeff Bamberger

Jeff Bamberger Second Unit

11. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Don't get me wrong, I would never not buy a DVD because of the cover art. There are some DVDs that I would get without even an amaray, if only there were available. I was just pointing out a possible solution to those who feel the need for different art. (Which, I may add, I have many cases with alternate art that I downloaded or created and then printed...)

Jimmy!

12. Richard Waller

Richard Waller Second Unit

I, too, would never not buy a DVD because of the cover art. That doesn't mean we can't complain about it though. [​IMG]
    I never was too thrilled with the Snow White cover. It just looked like a few images pasted together.
    [​IMG]
    Now, the UK collector's edition was much more fitting for this classic fairy tale.
    [​IMG]

13. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I'd be happy with the theatrical poster.