What's new

Anyone else love "The Golden Girls?" (1 Viewer)

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
Man, I love that show.

We get it here in at 11:00 and 11:30pm..back to back, baby!

anyone else have this crazy addiction?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
There's a TV-forum on this site, this would probably be better there.

I like "Golden Girls", mostly thanks to Betty White, she's a riot.

/Mike

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else love "The Golden Girls?"
Sorry, but no. Like many sitcoms, it had its moments, but it never did it for me. I'll take Seinfeld, Cheers, Family Ties, and Wings. Those are some of my favorite sitcoms from the '80s on.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'd have the crazy addiction but the show gets cut for commercial time.

Touchstone/Buena Vista Home Video has nothing to lose and everything to gain releasing it on DVD

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I've prolly seen every episode at least 8 times since they started re-airing them on Lifetime, along with Designing Women.
As many times as I see each episode, my favorite will always be the episode where Dorothy's friend Jean comes to visit after the death of her partmer and falls in love with Rose. Blanche's reaction to the news ("Lesbian, Lesbian... LESBIAN!") has made me fall off of furniture laughing on occasions.
Poor Danny Thomas! :D

MikeAW

Second Unit
I had the good fortune to participate in SONY's attraction at one of those Florida themeparks...must have been Universal ?....wherein people are picked to be part of classic Tv scenes, electronically. I did the "Golden Girls" sketch as a police detective, ala Columbo, that comes to the house to investigate something or another. It was a great experience, as a Fan, to do this !

Anyway...I love the show, but to me, it's not that special anymore to me, as it was...guess I got burned out on it.

I've been into "Absolutely Fabulous" lately, as I picked up the DVD box of the first 3 seasons.

I feel it's the one of the most creative women's series that has ever been on Tv. This is mostly due to the singular talents of Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French.

What appeals to me...particularly about the creators of this show, is their being not the usual image of acceptable female outer beauty, that's constantly being pushed in the Media. In the context of a Tv show that is all about beauty and conventional moral standards, the humor is quite "on target" and is very entertaining, than most mindless Tv shows.

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
Oh God yeah! Between Blanche's crazy sex addiction, Rose's stupidity, and Sofia's quick witted lines I love this show! The only one I could care less about is Dorothy!

(She's the reason why there's no reunion show! Nobody got along with her!)

Rob T

Screenwriter
LOL
I remember watching tht show when I was little. I liked it then, but I'd don't really care about it now.
I always thought Betty White could play a good Aunt May in the upcoming Spider-man movie though. :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
My best friend has a weird thing for watching GG.....we were just talking about it tonight! He was going on and on about how great of a show it was......I felt sorry for the people bowling next to us having to hear him rave on about a bunch of old women.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Theres a nightclub here in town that plays the theme from the Golden Girls at closing time to clear it out. It works very effectively, especially after the third or fourth listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks