Anyone else looking forward to the new fps from gamecube?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marty Lockstead, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Hello all,
    I recently took a look at the newest gamecube demo disc which has at least a couple of great looking FPS on it. Since I'm starting to get bored with my Agent Under Fire, I eagerly anticipate the release of the new Die Hard and Timsplitters 2. I also hope that they will be rated "M", unlike the Bond game, so I can get my first real taste of action since I first bought Perfect Dark a couple years ago. The movie clips they showed look like alot of fun. I'm anxious to do some killin'! Hey, I'm a retail clerk, I've gotta vent somehow![​IMG]

2. Aaron Copeland

Aaron Copeland Second Unit

Aaron
    I want Timesplitters 2, though I will be getting it on the XBOX. Have you watched any of the videos for that game? It's Goldeneye all over again! Even the sounds are virtually identical. I can't wait.

Aaron

3. Marty Lockstead

Aside from GOLDENEYE Perfect Drakwas also a great game, but I didn't notice while watching the demo disc that the sounds are virtually identical. Nonetheless, I look forward to playing it. I forgot to ask in my original post, what are the release dates for Die Hard and Timesplitters 2? I think the demo mentioned 3rd ot 4th quarter.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I'm getting TS2 for PS2 so I can go online with it. Plus I already love the PS2 controller for FPS games.

But yes, FPS games for all consoles are looking pretty damn fine.

5. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

no mention of Metroid yet ? amateurs

6. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

[​IMG]

7. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

8. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

From what I've gathered, Metroid Prime is going to be less of a shooter and more of an adventure game. I'm still eagerly awaiting it though.

9. Romier S

Romier S Producer

10. Oscar_R

Oscar_R Second Unit

box art looks cheesy,
    then again, so does most american box art.

major pet peeve of mine

11. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

I too am looking forward to Timesplitters 2 but only on the XBOX (don't own the Game Cube - yet).

I am curious. For people with more than one system (Game Cube, and/or PS2, and/or XBOX) which version are people going to buy? Right now I only have the XBOX but I do plan on getting the Game Cube soon (that RE thread has piqued my interest - plus the new Links/Zelda must be available soon). When a game is ported to all three platforms (or just two) is it the exact same game or do they try to take advantage of each consoles strengths?

Chris

12. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I've got a Cube and a PS2. I'd probably buy the PS2 versions of some games because the PS2 will be online quicker.

13. Jeremy Illingworth

Jeremy Illingworth Supporting Actor

Where did you get this GameCube
    demo disc?

jeremy

14. Jeremy Illingworth

Where did you get this GameCube
    demo disc?

jeremy

15. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Jeremy, I betcha he was playing in a store kiosk. [​IMG]

16. Jeremy Illingworth

I guess I'd better get to the store. After I bitch about the fact the the GC is the only system that doesn't include demo discs with their official magazine. Don't they know this makes me want games more?

jeremy

17. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

The only "official" magazine is Nintendo Power. I'm not sure GCN demo discs are worth a subscription to NP.

18. Marty Lockstead

Jeremy,
    I was watching the demo disc while at work actually.:b I happen to work in the game section and the company I work for deals directly with Nintendo, so we get these discs every couple months to put in our demo system we have hooked up.
    ChristopherS,
    Although I only currently own a gamecube, I've read that the PS2 version of Agent Under Fire didn't have bots to play against in multiplayer. I'm not sure how common that is with other games that are out on other systems, but I was quite surprised.

19. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

It might be TimeSplitters 2, but there is a FPS game coming out that has multiplayer maps specific to each console (there are some that are on every console and others you can ONLY find on each console). Sounds like a neat selling point, though the PS2 version being online is probably a bigger one.