Anyone else looking forward to the Mega Man collection

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chris Bardon, May 4, 2004.

1. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Just checking out the specs for this on IGN, and I'm amazed that it's actually coming out. I'm looking forward to grabbing this one (especially at that price point). I have to wonder whether the original technical problems (such as the flickering in MM2) will still be there, or whether there's any way to fix them? Since I'm guessing that this is just full-on emulation, there's not much that you can do. Still, it's nice to see a collection of at least three (1-3) great games, and a few others that are probably at least decent. Can't say that I ever played anything past about MegaMan 5, but come June that'll change.

2. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

I am also looking forward to this set. I really haven't paid much attention to the millions of mega man off-shoots and tangents (unless you count mega man x series on SNES)... but the original series is fun. Though having played them all, I still prefer the first and second game to all the others.

s

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

I had forgotten that 7 was out on SNES, and 8 on PSX. Just checked out the "history of Mega Man" feature on gamespot for a refresher.

Any word on what's happening with the X games? We're getting this collection of all the regular games, and there's a GBA version of all the game boy ports-why not an X collection? Sure, there are some more recent games in there, but maybe a collection of all the SNES/PSX versions?